Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 01:27 PM

31 posts, read 98,020 times

Advertisements

Looking for some fun and little scary things to do for Halloween.

Maybe a walking ghost tour, a cemetery tour, haunted hayride, etc.

Any suggestions???

Thanks so much!
Corie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 03:13 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times
Land of Illusions in Middletown is pretty good, but expensive. The trail is the best one, imo.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
One of my favorites is Irons Fruit Farm on Stubb Mills Rd near Lebanon. I am a fall apple nut and they have several varieties, along with pumpkins, hayrides, and a corn maze. I just like the farm atmosphere in the fall and they fill the bill along with fresh apple cider.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Waynesville has a few things, including out at the Ceasar Creek Pioneer Village.

I believe Lebanon has a haunted tour of the Glendower mansion, also a cemetery tour.

I am sure Cinci has some things as well, that's just not an area I know events for off the top of my head.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM

224 posts, read 376,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
I believe Lebanon has a haunted tour of the Glendower mansion, also a cemetery tour.
Excellent suggestions, but according to the Warren County Historical Society's website, the Glendower event, "Spirits At The Museum," was August 10 and the lantern light tours of Lebanon's Pioneer Cemetery were September 13 and 14, so we've missed them.

Museum Cincinnati | Warren County History Center & Glendower Historic Mansion

I attended a tour of the cemetery hosted by local historian John Zimkus a few years ago, and it was fascinating. This year's tour was to have actors posing as the notable Lebanon dead appearing out of the darkness to tell their story. I had heard about this and did not realize it had come and gone already - rats.

On the less spooky side is Lebanon's Howl'oween Pooch Parade on October 19 beginning at noon, which features dogs dressed in Halloween costumes. It sounds painfully goofy, but my wife and I came upon this by accident last year and found it hilarious.

Edited to add: Oops, I just did find this very good article listing Lebanon area Halloween events which indicates "Ghosts In the Museum" tours at Glendower October 21 and at Harmon Hall (the Warren County Museum) on October 28:

http://www.news-herald.com/general-n...mode=fullstory

Last edited by Scott SW Ohio; 09-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: incorporating more research...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:37 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SW Ohio View Post
Excellent suggestions, but according to the Warren County Historical Society's website, the Glendower event, "Spirits At The Museum," was August 10 and the lantern light tours of Lebanon's Pioneer Cemetery were September 13 and 14, so we've missed them.

Museum Cincinnati | Warren County History Center & Glendower Historic Mansion

I attended a tour of the cemetery hosted by local historian John Zimkus a few years ago, and it was fascinating. This year's tour was to have actors posing as the notable Lebanon dead appearing out of the darkness to tell their story. I had heard about this and did not realize it had come and gone already - rats.
On the less spooky side is Lebanon's Howl'oween Pooch Parade on October 19 beginning at noon, which features dogs dressed in Halloween costumes. It sounds painfully goofy, but my wife and I came upon this by accident last year and found it hilarious.

Edited to add: Oops, I just did find this very good article listing Lebanon area Halloween events which indicates "Ghosts In the Museum" tours at Glendower October 21 and at Harmon Hall (the Warren County Museum) on October 28:

http://www.news-herald.com/general-n...mode=fullstory

Bummer on missing the cemetery tour. I was really hoping we were going to make that this year!! Oh, well, try try again next year!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 AM

6 posts, read 17,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corie View Post
Looking for some fun and little scary things to do for Halloween.

Maybe a walking ghost tour, a cemetery tour, haunted hayride, etc.

Any suggestions???

Thanks so much!
Corie
Hi, Corie - there are cemetery tours in Lebanon, OH; contact the Warren County Historical Society - 513-932-1817 for details.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:52 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Can't believe no one has mentioned the Dent Schoolhouse...Travel Channel has rated it as one of the top 10 scariest Halloween attractions in the country...they do a fantastic job...Its not for the faint of heart but it's a really great scary attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati