Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 AM

162 posts, read 458,875 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My two friends and I are coming to Cincy for a girls' weekend on March 18th to spend time together as well as scope out neighborhoods for one who is considering moving to outside the Covington area. We have a couple of friends who live in the general area, but they're in Harrison and don't get out to the city much.

I've only been to downtown Cincinnati once, and the person I was there with was a bit...introverted and didn't want to go out.

Anyway, we are staying in one of the hotels near the Fountain Place Shopping Center and are open to any suggestions as far as restaurants, attractions, and bars go...

We are in our early 30s and looking to hit up a couple of dives and pub-type places, but we are open to bars with a DJ.

Your help is appreciated, thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 08:01 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Wow, have fun!

Check out the bar at the Netherland Plaza, a stunning 1920s hotel. Absolutely amazing. There's usually live music on the weekends.

Tina's is a pub at the corner of West Fourth Street and Central Avenue (way the west end of downtown) with great food.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wow, have fun!

Check out the bar at the Netherland Plaza, a stunning 1920s hotel. Absolutely amazing. There's usually live music on the weekends.

Tina's is a pub at the corner of West Fourth Street and Central Avenue (way the west end of downtown) with great food.
Great, thank you very much for your help!!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:32 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,906 times
O'Malley's in the Alley is a great dive bar right behind your hotel. It's literally a tiny little shack tucked in the alley between Third St. and Fourth St. beneath some huge behemoth buildings. Arnold's Bar & Grill on Eighth Street is the oldest bar in the city, a throwback to Prohibition days and definitely has a cool vibe.

If you're staying downtown, you'll likely run into the trendy places like Lodge Bar and Blackfinn on Seventh Street or Fountain Square hotspots like Mynt and Cadillac Ranch.

But I definitely recommend taking a cab up to Mount Adams to some of the bars up there - perfect for thirty-somethings. Mount Adams Pavilion, City View Tavern (of Charles Manson fame), the Blind Lemon, Longworth's are all outstanding. Or cab it to Milton's in Prospect Hill ... a great little hipster bar where PBR flows like water.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
O'Malley's in the Alley is a great dive bar right behind your hotel. It's literally a tiny little shack tucked in the alley between Third St. and Fourth St. beneath some huge behemoth buildings. Arnold's Bar & Grill on Eighth Street is the oldest bar in the city, a throwback to Prohibition days and definitely has a cool vibe.

If you're staying downtown, you'll likely run into the trendy places like Lodge Bar and Blackfinn on Seventh Street or Fountain Square hotspots like Mynt and Cadillac Ranch.

But I definitely recommend taking a cab up to Mount Adams to some of the bars up there - perfect for thirty-somethings. Mount Adams Pavilion, City View Tavern (of Charles Manson fame), the Blind Lemon, Longworth's are all outstanding. Or cab it to Milton's in Prospect Hill ... a great little hipster bar where PBR flows like water.

Thank you very much--this helps a lot as well! I had no idea that there was a Blackfinn out that way--there was one that opened in the metro Detroit area about a couple of years ago and up there, it has the douchebag stereotype label...is it the same in Cincy?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
If I were you, I would stay away from Mynt. Bad DJ, horrible service, and I don't know who or what wrecked the bathrooms. If you want a martini bar, try Bartini on 6th and Walnut.

There is also the Righteous Room on Walnut across from the Aronoff and a new piano bar called The Penguin on Vine Street.

An old favorite of mine is Neon's on Main Street.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg1114 View Post
If I were you, I would stay away from Mynt. Bad DJ, horrible service, and I don't know who or what wrecked the bathrooms. If you want a martini bar, try Bartini on 6th and Walnut.

There is also the Righteous Room on Walnut across from the Aronoff and a new piano bar called The Penguin on Vine Street.

An old favorite of mine is Neon's on Main Street.
I'm making my list as we speak. Thanks so much for your help!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 AM

118 posts, read 245,851 times
Check out Madonna's on 7th in between Vine and Walnut. Arnolds on 8th in between Main and Sycamore is awesome as well. If you happen to goto Over the Rhine Lavomatic on Vine great, as is MOTR Pub on Main, Mr Pitiful's is excellent as is Neon's on 12th in between Main and Sycamore. Also, for a very friendly pub atmosphere check out Milton's in Prospect Hill, on Sycamore at the corner of Milton. Best of luck!

BTW - Lodge Bar is closed.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:26 AM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,125 times
I was just at Lavomatic last week. Awesome experience!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM

Great, thank you again to everyone for all your help. Much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati