Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 AM

4 posts, read 9,801 times

Advertisements

My family is considering a move to Cincinnati and I would be working in the Amelia, OH area. We have two boys ages 10 & 13 who are very involved in team sports so it is important that they have good sports programs in the area. We want a good high school and elementary school. Our price range for a home will be $250K to $300K. Any suggestions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 03:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,968 times
Hello
I've lived in Clermont County for over a decade, and it's a great place to live. Amelia is on State Route 125/Beechmont Avenue. It runs West and East. Beechmont starts where it T sections into Columbia Parkway and Ends out past Georgetown. If you look on the Map putting in the zip code 45255 it'll centralize you almost in the dead center at the Crossroads Mount Carmel-Tabasco Road and Beechmont Avenue. This area is called Cherry Grove. It's a nice location for housing, churches, big box stores (walmart, Target, Kroger, Aldi), lots of restraunts, both sit down and fast food.
This area I'm focusing in on is actually three small towns butted up agenst one another. Cherry Grove, Mount Carmel and Eastgate. All have homes starting from the 40k to the 500k depending on what your looking for. There are mutiple types of houses of worship from Pentecostal to Baptist to Evangelical to Catholic. One of the largest Hindu Temples in Cincinnati is North of this Area. I know there are a few pockets of Jewish believers here also, but am less familiar.
For schools you can check out: [mod]link removed, please wait with posting links till you have at least 10 posts[/mod]
If you have any other questions about the area, feel free to PM me or post here. I'm happy to help.

-Indigo

Last edited by Yac; 02-28-2011 at 01:59 AM..

Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 AM

74 posts, read 189,035 times
I am also moving to Cincinnati and I am currently looking at a house in Amelia and I have read good things about the West Clermont school district. The area in general also seems to be very into school sports.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Another nearby school district to consider is Forest Hills, in Anderson Township, just to the east in Hamilton County. It's a large school district with plenty of opportunities for the kids.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Some people always want to advise what they are familiar with, which is understandable. But you have a resounding recommendation to locate in the immediate Amelia area itself. Anytime you can combine job with a very short commute you are way ahead. The ability to attend the kids sporting events rather than sitting on a freeway cannot be over evaluated. The last 20 plus years of my working career I felt like I had died and gone to heaven since my employer had relocated to less than 1-1/2 miles from my house. If you can achieve such a situation, believe me it is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati