Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times

Advertisements

Hello. I need some advice on places to go in Cincy on a first date, also thought I'd give you all a break from talking about Carson Palmer and West Side vs East Side

I'll be driving up on Saturday for a first date with someone. I'm thinking something like putt putt golf or go carts would be neat. (Yes, I will check with her first!!) I saw several putt putt courses when I did a Google search, Etter's mini golf in Reading and Lunar Mini Golf in Springdale. Anyone been to those? If so how'd you like them, and what were the prices?

Also saw a place called "Web Extreme in Hamilton/ Fairfield. Anyone been there?

She lives in the NW suburbs so I'd prefer someplace in that region of town (including Butler Co)

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM

246 posts, read 1,049,323 times
Try Eastgate Adventures. They have both miniature golf and go-karts:

Eastgate Adventures - Home

There isn't much to Etter's mini golf in Reading. I would steer you away from there. It's pretty basic.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
Thanks for the input! Eastgate Adventures looks really nice but it's 26 miles from where she lives - I don't want her to think she's been kidnapped . The Web Extreme Entertainment looks very similar to E A but it would be closer (only 15 miles away). The prices also look reasonable: $4 each for putt putt golf and bowling, also have laser tag and go carts for $8 more each.

Anyone been to the web in West Chester?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,838,011 times
For something more low-key and "different," you might like to pack a pic-a-nic basket and spend the afternoon at the Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park on the southwest side of Hamilton.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:44 AM

41 posts, read 76,885 times
After Pyramid Hill you could go to the Holiday for a drive-in movie.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:28 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,484,138 times
Oh geez. You are getting some really bad advice. Take her to Pyramid Hill and she will have her pepper spray ready. Its creepy and boring and a lot of really bad art. And, putt putt? Chrissake, are you going to Denny's for chicken nuggets after? She is going to tell her friends you took her to putt putt? I can imagine how that conversation is going to go. You could be Emilio Estavez driving a Bentley and they will still all be laughing about you.

Look, find out what she likes in life and show her that you care about it. And mindless entertainment venues are for people who are bored with each other or don't want to get to know each other. They are like having styrofoam for lunch. Not satisfying. Either have a serious talk with her while you explore a really nice park, woods, historic neighborhood or museum, or take her to a venue that has some substance. Like a play or concert or performance. Or even a sporting event if she expresses an interest in some sport. For my part, I would pick her up and drive her back down to Keenland, time permitting return via Shelbyville with maybe dinner there.

But putt putt and Pyramid Hill? Remember, you are what you do with her.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Let me reconsider. If she is 18, collects Precious Moments and calls them sculptures, and told you every detail of the last episode of The Young and the Restless on the phone, you can take her to putt putt. But, if you go to Pyramid Hill, still watch for the pepper spray.

Last edited by Wilson513; 07-29-2011 at 05:40 AM..

Old 07-29-2011, 05:34 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Screw all that. Drive into town and take her to the zoo.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:54 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Screw all that. Drive into town and take her to the zoo.
The zoo is a nice place, but in this heat it stinks to high heaven. How about a nice leisurely canoe ride down either the Little Miami or the Whitewater. With the recent lack of rain the rivers should be running low and if you happen to tip over it will feel good.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:20 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,981,059 times
Dating advice on this board. Totally hilarious, even though I'm going to join the rest of you in making a fool of myself and say this: the first thing the OP needs to ask his date is DO YOU MIND BEING OUTDOORS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME IN THIS 90+DEGREE WEATHER? Frankly, even when I was in my 20s I would have been P*SS*D if a guy planned outdoor activities in this weather without asking me if it was okay.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,300,531 times
I used to be the master of awkward first dates. I know I am the inspiration for a 'bad first date' thread somewhere. I guess when I was 20 or so I just could not wrap my mind around the fact that hitting 120 mph on the back of a motorcycle driven by a guy you just met is not as exciting for you as it is for me, or that running from security guards because I never actually got permission to use the apartment complex's swimming pool after hours is not a small price to pay for cooling off after a hot sweaty motorcycle ride home from a high school football game. I obviously did a lot better with girls that knew what they were getting into rather than blind dates with strangers.

...Which leads me to my point: how well do you know this person? If it really is a blind date, your best bet is to think up three different ideas, then go to dinner and pick the most appropriate one after you get a chance to talk. Live music, festivals, and classy sporting events are usually pretty safe bets. Movies are generic and boring, but expected.

Specific to Cincinnati, I would hit up a live music venue or a festival of some sort. Don't go to a Reds game when it is hot like this, or she will begin to associate your presence with being sweaty and uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati