Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 PM

3 posts, read 8,858 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon,

I am being relocated to Cincy and will be bringing my family. I have kids age 13, 11, and 9. Very active in sports, and my daughter will be attending Queen City Gymnastics in Mason. I do not like the Mason area....Too BIG. We want to be around the Mason area, but in a smaller school district. Any ideas on good schools, older homes around the 71/275 split in mason???

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,879,462 times
You say Mason is TOO BIG. But at the same time you want to partake of programs offered in the area. Sounds to me like wanting your cake and eat it too. Become active and participate in the various organizations here, gymnastics, schools, etc. If I read your demographics right, you will be successful wherever you locate.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,312,974 times
Move to Wyoming & be in the small ALL. Except no Mason gym...just drive & it's well worth it.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 PM

60 posts, read 166,882 times
I agree that Wyoming would be a good choice as would Madeira (small, excellent schools) which is on I-71 with better access to Mason.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:41 AM

You may want to consider anywhere in the Sycamore School District, in northern Hamilton Co., as they always have excellent ratings. The confusing part is it is called Sycamore Community Schools, but there is no actual identifiable suburb, etc. called Sycamore. I have to assume this is because the school district was established when it was just Sycamore Township, prior to the various political subdivisions.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 AM

120 posts, read 260,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
but there is no actual identifiable suburb, etc. called Sycamore.
When searching on a local real estate site, Sycamore Township is, indeed, identified as a suburb. It's acutally broken up into 4 sections, North, South, East and West!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
When searching on a local real estate site, Sycamore Township is, indeed, identified as a suburb. It's acutally broken up into 4 sections, North, South, East and West!
Yes, but it has been cut up into islands by annexation to the areas adjacent to it. Many of these have at least part of their terrritory in the Sycamore school district, specificially Blue Ash and Montgomery. Madeira is in Sycamore Township, but has its own school district.

Last edited by kjbrill; 04-01-2010 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: add a comment

Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM

47 posts, read 157,758 times
I'm a QCG graduate. I don't think it's actually in Mason... kind of on the boarder of Sharonville/Blue Ash. I have to say, lots of QCG athletes do go to Sycamore. But as far as smaller communities... Mariemont, Madeira, or Wyoming. Wyoming is a bit far from the gym, though.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:56 PM

10 posts, read 54,245 times
You can always look at Kings Local. It is just east of Mason, smaller school district that is really on the rise both academically as as well as sports. Big mixture of homes, some very old, some new and big. Be defintely much smaller that Mason. Price wise you get more for your dollar. The cost per square foot in Mason is higher than Kings Mills and West Chester. Another area that is less expensive is Liberty Twp. both Liberty Twp. and West Chester are in Lakota School District. This is a good school district, but it sounds like you don't want large. They have over 16,000 students. It seems like Kings Mills may be a very good fit for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati