Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times

Advertisements

Sorry, the video sucks. Jumping around all over the place, not at all what a lovely spring day in Cincinnati is about.

Goes to show that just because you are a musician does not make you a filmmaker.

Stick with the song, leave the videos to those who are well skilled at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Like so many others, I simply loved this refreshing video and its quirky vocals--just the thing for spring! Nevertheless, may I express a note of dismay? At this moment, the discussion has shifted entirely to MLB and away from springtime in our beautiful city. Everyone, please recall how this thread opened and center comments back on springtime here. (ok?)
Sorry, but the Reds Opening Day to me epitomizes spring in Cincinnati. I agree with Wahl_Wrighter it is a beacon in the life of the City and one of the few times everyone is full of joy and optimism. Like the spring blooms this usually fades quickly enough but it is a day when everyone can be proud they are from Cincinnati.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM

364 posts, read 716,176 times
I agree with Wilson's and kj's last posts. The video sucked and Opening Day is usually the first thing I think of when envisioning springtime in Cincy. To a lesser extent, I think of erratic weather (such as today), going to Eden Park or the Riverfront and viewing a muddy, swollen Ohio River from all of winter's snowmelt upriver. Lastly, there is nothing like that first warm and bright blue day after weeks of dreary and cold weather, which we had about three weeks ago.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,105 times
^ Nothing against Opening Day itself, Wahl_Wrighter--your #6 post from yesterday practically said it all--a generous comment about a unique event. Cincinnati, Spring, and Opening Day Are ONE!

Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 AM

9 posts, read 15,734 times
LOL. I'm glad some liked the video. It was a purposeful decision to go with that version. The smooth version didn't do much at evoking any feelings or memories. After all the older we get our memories do get jumbled. I'm just glad the song and video brought about such wonderful post about Cincinnati, springtime, and of course Opening Day. Thanks to all who watched and liked it. Thanks also to those who watched and didn't like it. I appreciate everybody's time and comments See you Opening Day.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:27 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,471,137 times
Well, I liked the video.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:42 AM

75 posts, read 120,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
It's finally here. Springtime in Cincinnati. Warmer weather, Opening Day, and so far no floods this year. Check out this music video about our great river city. I hope you like.

Springtime in Cincinnati - YouTube

WOO-HOO !!! Springtime !!!

Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
LOL. I'm glad some liked the video. It was a purposeful decision to go with that version. The smooth version didn't do much at evoking any feelings or memories. After all the older we get our memories do get jumbled. I'm just glad the song and video brought about such wonderful post about Cincinnati, springtime, and of course Opening Day. Thanks to all who watched and liked it. Thanks also to those who watched and didn't like it. I appreciate everybody's time and comments See you Opening Day.
Hey, Kid!() Don't give up the good work--the fact that you and several others (the middle-aged man in the last third of the video, for one) thought enough of Cincinnati to complete this photo-shoot (with its musical narrative motif) says a lot of good things about you. Just remember: in 1999 critics scoffed at "The Blair Witch Project" too. Nevertheless (with good marketing and great word-of-mouth) that film went on to gross almost $250-million. Count me in on your next Cincinnati indie-film project; we're gonna enter it in either Sundance or Cannes and make critics eat crow! ()

Old 03-31-2012, 05:39 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
I liked seeing the paddlewheelers.
The fun part was hearing "insider" references in the lyrics. If you're not from Cincinnati you'd think that a Big Red Smokey refers to a sunburned Caucasian state trooper, Mr Spoons to an ice cream parlor worker, and "Skyline time" to grabbing a moment to gaze at tall buildings.
Opening Day is a sure sign of spring, right up there with robins, all through the snow belt. But da Nati definitely marks it like no place else. It's the only city I know where otherwise "wholesome" schoolkids hope to score game tickets while they think up excuses for why they had to miss classes.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM

9 posts, read 15,734 times
Default Now That's Funny!!!

"If you're not from Cincinnati you'd think that a Big Red Smokey refers to a sunburned Caucasian state trooper"

That is funny. I love it. Of course we all know a Big Red Smokey is a commemorative met sausage in honor of the 1974 and 1975 World Series Champions Cincinnati Reds. This city is one of a kind. I love it. Win the World Series and get met sausage named after you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati