Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times

Advertisements

This city is an economic powerhouse and it beats out cities such as Atlanta, St. Louis, Washington D.C., Cleveland and Denver.

Top 50 Cities for Global Trade | Global Trade Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 PM

4,481 posts, read 6,235,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
This city is an economic powerhouse and it beats out cities such as Atlanta, St. Louis, Washington D.C., Cleveland and Denver.

Top 50 Cities for Global Trade | Global Trade Magazine

And I thought Cowlumbus was the place to be.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Columbus is nowhere to be found in the Top 50. Nor is Charlotte.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Just be proud of what Cincinnati is accomplishing. There is really no need to dig on either Columbus Or Charlotte. As my father used to say be confident in your own accomplishments as they will speak loud enough in your behalf. Let others envy you as you do not have to belittle them.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:39 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times
Quote:
Actually, Charlotte is listed @ #43 ($5.4 billion), but doesn't come close to Cincinnati @ #16 (17.6 billion). Our city's status as a global player is welcome news--news that should be displayed on the front page of the Enquirer, but it won't. At this point, our city not only needs to capitalize on its location on the busy I-75 commercial corridor and a Brent Spence Bridge replacement, but on its position in the increased Ohio River commerce that will ensue because of the expansion of the Panama Canal. For example, killing the Queensgate Terminals (because they would have spoiled some Price Hill residents' view and interfered with a riverside bike path, etc.) was one of the dumbest business decisions of late. Those vital barge facilities would have provided bulk outlets for Ohio corn/grain to leave here for the Pacific, let alone other large scale shipping endeavors. Next, the combined strength of powerhouses P&G, Kroger, and Macy's ought to be capitalized on to help transform Cincinnati into a marketing/branding mecca. (And this is only the beginning.)

Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 AM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times
This is a very encouraging report for the most part. I knew Cincinnati was an important city with a developing international trade industry but to be ranked 16th in the country? That is really something. Nice to see it is far ahead of Kansas City which is about the same size. I got a kick seeing hometown region of Hartford which has only about 1.3 million people in its metro area is also ahead of KC with its 2 million size metro. :-) The only downside to this is trying to determine how much of this trade is with European nations that are currently experiencing economic problems from being tied into the Euro. If they collapse like Greece then Cincinnati's economy will suffer.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
And I thought Cowlumbus was the place to be.
I was posting under the influence (PUI). Sorry about that.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM

20 posts, read 36,814 times
Interesting article and great news! I also agree that it's just the beginning. I knew Cincinnati was the place to be.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 AM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip5000 View Post
Interesting article and great news! I also agree that it's just the beginning. I knew Cincinnati was the place to be.
Certainly one of them. A much better region than my current home in the KC area. I'll be out of here in a few months.

BTW. In another post I noted that you do some home renovation work. If I end up buying a house in NKY it will be a fixer upper. I will get in touch with you to see if you can handle any of the work that may need to be done.

Side note. I see that you moved to Middletown. I was looking at that area as well but had several people discourage me from going there. The primary reason is they believe the city is well on its way down into a pit and won't be able to rebuild and pull itself out. What is your opinion of Middletown?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
The primary reason is they believe the city is well on its way down into a pit and won't be able to rebuild and pull itself out. What is your opinion of Middletown?
I would tend to think Middletown will be buoyed by continued development along the I75 corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati