Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 PM

11 posts, read 18,237 times

Advertisements

Well, I accepted the position today, so will be coming up in about three weeks; however, I will need to find a good, reasonably priced extended stay place for a month or two until my house sells down here. I'm having trouble finding any within 5 miles of Mt. Auburn area. Most of the ones that have decent reviews and pricing are in Blue Ash or Florence, KY. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2golf View Post
Well, I accepted the position today, so will be coming up in about three weeks; however, I will need to find a good, reasonably priced extended stay place for a month or two until my house sells down here. I'm having trouble finding any within 5 miles of Mt. Auburn area. Most of the ones that have decent reviews and pricing are in Blue Ash or Florence, KY. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
Yes, look in Blue Ash or Florence KY, there is very little incentive for anyone to build an extended stay hotel in Mt Auburn. Maybe in the future if they get the rejuvenation under way but not now.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:

Thanks!
It's not extended stay, but might be worth checking out--maybe you could negotiate some kind of better rate with them if you committed to a month or something.

Hotels in Cincinnati Ohio - Hotels Near University of Cincinnati - Hampton Inn

Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 AM

There is a Days Inn at the Pleasant Ridge exit on I-71 which was supposedly completely remodeled last year. They might be willing to negotiate a rate for an extended commitment.

There is also an Extended Stay America right off of I-75 in Covington on W 3rd street which gets decent reviews for service. I have read it is insulated enough so traffic noise is not a problem. Certainly convenient to downtown.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 PM

4,485 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Hampton Inn is all I could think of. The extended stay places around uptown/downtown are mostly No Tell-Motels. Do not stay at any of the places on Central Parkway.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Hampton Inn is all I could think of. The extended stay places around uptown/downtown are mostly No Tell-Motels. Do not stay at any of the places on Central Parkway.
I doubt the Hampton is anxious to quote an extended stay rate, as they seem to be the only game in town in their area. But it depends on their occupany percentage. If below corporate desires they may be more than happy to book a room for a month or two. I remember when our project manager approached a Ramada Inn in Rockford Illinois and said we were interested in about 10 rooms for six months. They were stepping all over each other rolling out the red carpet. He got those rooms for about 40% under nightly rate. We simply took them straight up, even though many of us flew back to Cincinnati on the weekends. They moved in tables and chairs for our computers, saw to it we had the mini-bar refrigerators for our own use, and provided micro-waves, coffee makers, etc. for us. When you make a commitment they set up and pay attention.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,543,045 times
Forget all the business about Hampton Inns and Extended stay hotels...

Check out sites like vrbo.com. You should be able to find some nice condos/apartments for short term stays with all the amenities. I have friends who own several buildings in the Mt. Auburn/Walnut Hills area in nicely renovated historic buildings on safe, quiet streets. The biggest problem that you will encounter is that these are so popular, that their occupancy is about 80% filled throughout the month. The earlier you can book, the better.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 PM

11 posts, read 18,237 times
Thanks everyone for the posts! Well, I'm only needing to stay one month, maybe 2 weeks if I can move my closing up a couple of weeks. I'll check vrbo, but hope a month isn't too short. I may call a decent hotel and negotiate a 28 day rate. Didn't think they would do that, but might be worth a shot. All of the Extended Stay America locations have bad reviews. I'll be there in two weeks! Can't believe I'm actually moving!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the posts! Well, I'm only needing to stay one month, maybe 2 weeks if I can move my closing up a couple of weeks. I'll check vrbo, but hope a month isn't too short. I may call a decent hotel and negotiate a 28 day rate. Didn't think they would do that, but might be worth a shot. All of the Extended Stay America locations have bad reviews. I'll be there in two weeks! Can't believe I'm actually moving!
Whether a regular hotel will negotiate a downward rate all depends on where the manager stands on his occupancy goals. Back when I was traveling for work we used to negotiate rates all the time, of course we were ususually talking something like 10 rooms for 3 to 4 months. They were happy to negotiate that.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Are you closing on the sale of your current house? If so that is great. Have you made an offer on a house here or are you just playing it casual? That is OK too. There are so many houses on the market here I would be hardpressed to make a decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati