Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 AM

10 posts, read 21,923 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Cleves Ohio for a new job and wanting information about surrounding areas. I am looking for at least an acre of land in a safe area. Don't want to be in the city. I don't mind if it is located in Ohio, Ky, or In don't have a huge budget. I don't mind commuting 30 - 45 min. but really don't want to go more than that. If you can help me I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM

4,472 posts, read 6,189,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblaze View Post
I am relocating to Cleves Ohio for a new job and wanting information about surrounding areas. I am looking for at least an acre of land in a safe area. Don't want to be in the city. I don't mind if it is located in Ohio, Ky, or In don't have a huge budget. I don't mind commuting 30 - 45 min. but really don't want to go more than that. If you can help me I would appreciate it.
Cleves is already a small village, very close to being in the country. I would just stay close to your job. Finding what you are after should be easy to accomplish locally to your job.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,562,095 times
What is "not a huge budget"? I live in this area and I can tell you that if you want an acre, you're going to have to spend a little cash unless you don't mind a small home. It's all very safe, though.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,720,375 times
Quote:
Cleves is already a small place and not crowded. I would start out there and the immdiate surroundings then expand toward Harrison along I-74 and the Indiana state line. You should still be well within a 30-45 minute commute. There is no reason anything that far out should not be safe. It is rural enough you should be able to find everything from a nice piece of ground with a double-wide on it, to a country log house, to a new pocket subdivision.

As commented almost nowhere is land given away these days, but this area should be among the cheapest. You might have a septic for sewer, a well for water, and an electric heat pump for heating/cooling, but is what non-city living is all about. At your first opportunity drive the area and you will soon identify what you like and don't.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 AM

10 posts, read 21,923 times
Thank you for all your responses I have been looking towards Harrison. As for my small budgat it is $50,000 or less. Yes I want that country living I am done with the city. I really appreciate everyone's help.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM

4,472 posts, read 6,189,764 times
Quote:
Thank you for all your responses I have been looking towards Harrison. As for my small budgat it is $50,000 or less. Yes I want that country living I am done with the city. I really appreciate everyone's help.
Harrison is a quaint town. I was out there a few weeks ago on business. From what you are looking for, I think you are headed in the right direction.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:18 AM

213 posts, read 671,724 times
Cleves/North Bend and Harrison are both growing rapidly. It's far different than it was even 10 years ago. The well water and electric heat pump days are long gone in those areas unless it is an old farm. New subdivisions are springing up all over the place in both areas, a few that are quite high end in the Cleves/North Bend area. The Ashton Oaks subdivison of North Bend has homes valued close to a million dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati