Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,764 times

Advertisements

Hello:

My family is considering moving to Mason from Orange County, CA. The primary reason for the move is to purchase a home as we can't afford a 4BR home in OC. I and my wife will be working in Milford area. I would like to know the subdivisions that we can look at in Mason area for 250 - 350K budget. I heard that some of the subdivisions have problems with stinky water ponds etc. So, it would be nice if anyone can point out the problems to be aware of in the subdivisions.

Any recommendations on subdivisions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:26 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Any reason on why you're set on Mason? If I were working in Milford, I wouldn't want to make that drive on two-lane country roads that can no longer handle the traffic now that the country has become the 'burbs.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:01 AM

520 posts, read 1,853,459 times
Well, if I was choosing between Mason and Milford I'd probably go for Mason. There are developments closer to the Milford area that are nice. Loveland is nice and would be a shorter commute. Miami Township has some nice developments.

The commute wouldn't be that bad from Mason. It would mostly be on 275. The only problem would be backups getting to the highway (on the two-lane country roads).

Sorry I can't help with developments in the Mason area.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,637 times
My recommendation is to visit the areas and drive around to see what type of neighborhoods you like. You will find a lot of homes in your price range. In general, Mason is flatter with straighter streets and fewer trees. Loveland and Milford are more hilly with curvy roads and some neighborhoods are very woodsy. I happen to have my house up for sale right now (2600 sq feet plus full basement, almost half acre wooded lot in a very nice subdivision with no stinky ponds!)- it is within your price range. I'm in Loveland- right next to Milford. Coming from California, you will be AMAZED at what you can afford here!!!

Good luck,
Jenny

Old 01-22-2008, 06:16 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,548 times
Wow Ohio to California, a huge price differance, you can buy a mansion here for what a two bedroom would cost in California lol. You will find a lot in Mason actually. It is in Warren County, Ohio which was in the top 100 fastest growing counties in the nation. There are plenty of developments to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: