Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 08:32 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Yeah in butler co you are allowed to have a max of one cow (or one horse) on a three acre plot assuming no additional zoning restrictions.

Wilson's idea is not a bad one but if you are set on downtown Cincinnati you will have to carefully watch your distance. Downtown to Colerain Lowes, Walmart, etc. north of 275 is just over 30 min. Oxford is 1 hr. Millville (edge of Hamilton, on 129 which turns into 252 in Indiana) is barely shy of 45 min. You don't have much room for play, and even with that most likely you won't get into IN 252.

So to put it simply, sacrifice one of those two commutes. If downtown Cincy is NOT a commute, then forget it! Move further north and get your city lights in Dayton.

Good point. Dayton is really an excellent city. Way underrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 08:43 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
I looked at my Atlas thought Hamilton was closer to Rt.32 but if I want a nice piece of property for a small farm this is it Buck Run Rd.Georgetown,Ohio $59,900
15.28 acres partially wooded with pond,public water
32x96 barn,woven wire fenced pasture & electrified
Includes 2 parcels each with a drive way close to the Ohio River if you boat or fish.
Thinking about this myself!
Ring Real Estate Homes for Sale Georgetown OH | Georgetown Real Estate | Homes & Land®

Old 12-26-2014, 09:17 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Good point. Dayton is really an excellent city. Way underrated.
^haha glad to hear it!

The reason I mention it is because the OP's profile would be an excellent for for Germantown.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 7,467 times
Quote:
Yeah in butler co you are allowed to have a max of one cow (or one horse) on a three acre plot assuming no additional zoning restrictions.

Wilson's idea is not a bad one but if you are set on downtown Cincinnati you will have to carefully watch your distance. Downtown to Colerain Lowes, Walmart, etc. north of 275 is just over 30 min. Oxford is 1 hr. Millville (edge of Hamilton, on 129 which turns into 252 in Indiana) is barely shy of 45 min. You don't have much room for play, and even with that most likely you won't get into IN 252.

So to put it simply, sacrifice one of those two commutes. If downtown Cincy is NOT a commute, then forget it! Move further north and get your city lights in Dayton.
I've researched raising a cow and I've come to the conclusion it's better to find a local farmer and become friends and give him the money. Doesn't seem like raising a couple cows makes any financial sense to be honest. Part of the attraction of a small farm is trying to save money via growing food. I know it's basically more of a hobby.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:33 PM

9 posts, read 7,467 times
Quote:
^haha glad to hear it!

The reason I mention it is because the OP's profile would be an excellent for for Germantown.
Will look into Germantown as well.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:48 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,421,546 times
USDA Invests $18 Million to Train Beginning Farmers and Ranchers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati