Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Request info on the following -
I am moving to Cincinnati from LA area. No idea about the city. However excited for new challenge. My work location is going to be around @ Zip code - 45242 (creek road)
Need help/info regarding best place to live and good school for my daughter (1st grader).

1. I am looking to rent an 2BR apartment at around budget of less or equal to 1000 (can go little over).
2. Looking for good rated elementary school which is close by.
3. Looking for a very warm and welcoming Neighborhood . Also, I am from India and would need some connection with the Indian origin people to have conversation.
4. I know Mason, Westchester, Blue Ash, Montgomery areas have large concentrations of Indians. Are there any good rated elementary schools (1st grade) in any of these neighborhoods ? If so, could you please let me know what is recommended.
5. My wife does not drive and hence taking kid to school will be an issue. What are the other alternatives? The place I live in LA, school is walkable and hence it was not issue. How does it work in Cincinnati?

So, What are the recommendations for the apartments and school ?

Thanks in advance for the info provided. Greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 05:34 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,980,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irv123 View Post
Hi,
Request info on the following -
I am moving to Cincinnati from LA area. No idea about the city. However excited for new challenge. My work location is going to be around @ Zip code - 45242 (creek road)
Need help/info regarding best place to live and good school for my daughter (1st grader).

1. I am looking to rent an 2BR apartment at around budget of less or equal to 1000 (can go little over).
2. Looking for good rated elementary school which is close by.
3. Looking for a very warm and welcoming Neighborhood . Also, I am from India and would need some connection with the Indian origin people to have conversation.
4. I know Mason, Westchester, Blue Ash, Montgomery areas have large concentrations of Indians. Are there any good rated elementary schools (1st grade) in any of these neighborhoods ? If so, could you please let me know what is recommended.
5. My wife does not drive and hence taking kid to school will be an issue. What are the other alternatives? The place I live in LA, school is walkable and hence it was not issue. How does it work in Cincinnati?

So, What are the recommendations for the apartments and school ?

Thanks in advance for the info provided. Greatly appreciated.
The answer is pretty much the same as to your previous posting on this forum. It will be difficult to find an apartment in your price range (or any price range for that matter) that's in walking distance of a good school AND meets your wish for something reasonably close to Creek Road or in a neighborhood with a concentration of Indian families. Again suggest you focus on the Sycamore School District, which is very highly rated and comes closest to meeting what you need.

It's difficult to get around Cincinnati without a car. Driving here is probably not as challenging as in LA. The most workable solution would probably be for your wife to learn to drive. SHe's really going to be stuck in the house just about all the time otherwise, because public transit here is not all that extensive, especially in the suburbs.

There are also transportation services which drive kids to and from school. Not sure of names, but a search would probably turn them up.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM

199 posts, read 302,982 times
Sycamore Community City School District would be a good one for your kids, but mostly in Cincinnati there are some bad neighborhood. Kenwood, OH would be a good place for you, stay outside of Cincinnati, cause in Cincinnati got some dangerous neighborhood around. But overall that a good city and there no crime. I current living in Evanston, Cincinnati, Ohio

Old 01-23-2016, 08:12 AM

549 posts, read 849,013 times
There is a sizable Indian community in Clifton and some decent apartments within your budget. If you live near Ludlow Ave, you'll be one some very good bus routes and within walking distance of Fairview Elementary, a highly rated school within the Cincinnati Public School system. The only issue is that it's not very easy to get into that school. If you live in the city, it's actually really easy to get around without a car. I've been car-free for years and Cincinnati's great. The city is VERY walkable. Good luck on the search.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:17 AM

7 posts, read 14,363 times
If you are looking for a community with a 'walkable' old town feel...there is Montgomery. There are homes on the both sides of town that you would like....Remington Road side and the Cooper or Hunt Roads heading towards Blue Ash.
Sharonville and Blue Ash are near Creek however, their downtown areas doesn't have enough to offer as Montgomery does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati