Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 19,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Cincinnati has an incredible zoo, one of the best urban park systems in the country, great museums, parks along the riverfront where lots of people hang out, great restaurants, Kings Island, The Beach Waterpark, wonderful unique shops scattered around the city, coffee shops and interesting bookstores, vintage music stores, fishing, boating, hiking, canoeing on the Little Miami River, theaters, cinemas, concert venues, sports arenas. And oh yeah, NIGHTCLUBS, too.
I will agree with you up to night clubs, cinci doesn't have night clubs, not any that mid 20's want to go to aways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Well, if that's the only reason singles want to avoid Cincinnati, then I'm sorry, but that's a stupid reason.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:30 AM

14 posts, read 60,494 times
For the graduate student. There are new apartments around Eden and MLK. One can also find housing on the Stafford complex on Clifton, across from McMicken. One can catch a rotating campus bus near Vontz. The best way to find out the good places is to ask a fellow grad student. Recently, Metro has opened up to any person with a UC badge, which hopefully will cut down on area traffic, certainly parking fees, etc. The campus bus is free. I believe the the Metro is also free,but that migth be too good to be true.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,221 times
Actually I have read that it was 49 out of 50 in 2005. Couldn't have possibly jumped that many places in one year. Cincinnati is low pay, yet cheap. But you get what you pay for. The whole night life thing is hurt because it is a VERY conservative city. If you like to go to church all the time, you're home-free. The city and surrounding areas are full of McChurches and almost everyone I have met is evangelical. Like I said, if that's your thing. Secondly, if you like live music, there is not much other than local stuff-not very innovative-think cover bands. Don't plan on seeing any national or international acts except Insane Clown Posse for the millionth time at Bogarts or some 500dollar lawn seat stadium show in the summer.
In terms of dating; it you are female, you will be batting them off with a stick, but if you are male, accept the fact that the area is only 35 percent female for the 18-35 demographic. Due to the aforementioned conservatism, many of these women get married by 24 at the latest. It is not uncommon to meet a young woman who is married or engaged at UC. Many single females fled after the riots. I personally knew about 12 that did.
Crime is rampant. I had to call the cops 3 times during my stay there. Once I was mugged at knifepoint, my girlfriend at gunpoint.Cincinnati enforces integration. As another poster commented it's like a checkerboard. One block over, and you better be armed. DO NOT MOVE TO Over The Rhine. I tried to rough it and lived there shortly until my neighbor was shot and killed while coming home. Nice apartment, but in a warzone. Every night you hear AK fire. Just south of campus is allright.Try Ohio Ave. I lived there for 2 years. Norhtside has lots of cool stuff, but the neighborhood is kinda dodgy. Best vintage record store on earth- and I live in Chicago. Gaslight is really nice, but kinda pricey. You can walk up the hill to school from there. Mount Washington has lofts, but it too can be dangerous and the lofts are not turnkey. If you know some plumbing, drywall, and insulation, you could turn it into a nice pad. Like another poster commented, south of 7th is for the super rich who work at PnG or in banking. Covington/Newport is kinda cool. More stuff to do there too in terms of nightlife.

There's more. It has great architecture and there are some neat stuff to do for the nature enthusiast outside of town, but lots of the curio shops are being shut down due to the economy and gentrification. The Art Museum is NOT nearly like Chicago's and The CAC is NOT the Walker Center for the Arts, although it has its moments. Final Friday gallery-hops are not what they used to be either after the riots. Back in 97-2001 Cinci was pretty cool, and I had fun at UC then, but the times have changed.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:04 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
^ What?! lol ... there's about 15 inaccuracies in your first post along with 10 lies.

This fool has never even lived in Cincinnati.

This thread is a year and a half old too.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:36 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
35% female???? That's just one of your many lies..lol

Old 10-30-2010, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 797 times
I'm a single guy and it does seem like there is more men to women in this city. I don't drink and truthfully I don't get into the bar scene so that's a majority of what the singles do in this city

They have a lot of festivals in this town, but once again, I don't drink or gamble so what do i have left to do?

I've heard Cincinnati is a family town so the singles seem to get pushed to the side. I feel this way a lot here. If your idea of having fun is getting smashed all the time and hanging in bars then I can say for sure this is a boring town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: