Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,764,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaboyj View Post
lol that is the point. I would not want too. Nothing in dallas makes me want to go there. There are cities in dade and things in dade that make me want to go there.
I give up!!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Well cities like Hosuton, Atlanta, Miami, all have something that jump out at me when i think about them, Dallas , no. Even San Antonio, Orlando and Tampa does as well. Same for Memphis Nashville and New Orleans.

Narrow minded? No I love Florida but I would not want Dallas County over Dade county simple as that. Now Harris County would be up for debate.
Hey, you should come to Dallas sometime and with an open mind. I was very surprised when I came out here how much I liked the area. I was living in Atlanta at the time and would read forums on here about how boring, dry, treeless, lame, cultureless and more Dallas was. I was actually a little hesitant to even come out here. My friend wanted me to come with him since he was looking into relocating here. Most all of the bad things I heard about Dallas were totally off base and completely untrue. I have since moved out here and I really like this area.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
LOL That is the point. I WOULD Not want too. Nothing in Dallas makes me want to go there. There are cities in Dade and things in Dade that make me want to go there.
What's impression of Dallas or how do you think it would be like??

If your thinking pro-bush, rednecks, rodeos, and conservative. Your wrong

Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
LOL That is the point. I WOULD Not want too. Nothing in Dallas makes me want to go there. There are cities in Dade and things in Dade that make me want to go there.
So not only are you closed minded, but you openly admit that you want to be closed minded? That's ignorance at its finest.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:50 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
So not only are you closed minded, but you openly admit that you want to be closed minded? That's ignorance at its finest.
That is MISUNDERSTANDING at it's finest

Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
What's impression of Dallas or how do you think it would be like??

If your thinking pro-bush, rednecks, rodeos, and conservative. Your wrong
Dallas - Nothing

When I think of Houston I think of the beach, festivals and diversity, the new Earth Park or whatever it is, The NASa things.

When I think of Atlanta - I think of the underground Mall, The georgia Dome, CNN, pepsi, MLK Etc

When I think of Miami I think of - beaches, resorts, spanish american activities etc.

Orlando - theme parks, resorts, and lakes, Kennedy Space center

My Point is nothing rings a bell about going to dallas OVER DADE COUNTY.

Cheap shot this is the last thing I think about Texas in general. I like texas , not once did I put it down or take a shot at it or any of it's posters. I simply said nothing would make me say *Oh hey I want to go to Dallas, OVER Dade County.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I don't think they're country and those videos looked like they could be Houston or even Miami. I prefer hanging with black Dallasites over Black Houstonians. They are cool, laid back, and blunt. Dallasites are the ones at a party having fun and being themselves while Houstonians are the ones posted up on the wall saying "They are so loud and country."

As I said in my earlier post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal
However, I found out that black folks from Houston and other black folks in Texas have NO room to talk about how country black folks in Dallas folks are. They're all country as each other, just in different ways.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. When I first moved here to the DMV, I had a bit of a Texan Twang that I had picked up, and these stuck up DC folks swore I had came fresh off the plantation. New York folks think that DC folks are country. Everyone's a damn critic...

Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
As I said in my earlier post:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. When I first moved here to the DMV, I had a bit of a Texan Twang that I had picked up, and these stuck up DC folks swore I had came fresh off the plantation. New York folks think that DC folks are country. Everyone's a damn critic...
True.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
I give up!!!!
Lol, you seem frustrated man. Everybody has their own opinion on things, I've learned that you really can't change how a person thinks once their mind is set on something.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
That is MISUNDERSTANDING at it's finest
Its not a misunderstanding. You came out and said that you dont want to think any differently of Dallas. That is the definition of being closed minded.

If you like Miami better, great. Lots of people do. But saying you dont want to feel any differently about Dallas is narrow minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City