Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,254,520 times

Advertisements

Some highlights of "COLUMBUS" on YouTube ...

YouTube - The Word on Columbus

YouTube - Downtown Columbus

YouTube - See Why You Should Live, Work and Play in Columbus Ohio

YouTube - Central Ohio 2015: A Community Visioning Project By WBNS-10TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,254,520 times
Default CLEVELAND, OHIO ... One of Americas greatest cities

My "beloved hometown" of CLEVELAND ...

YouTube - Greater Cleveland Partnership "Rediscover Our Region"

YouTube - Unexpected Cleveland

Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
That is an awesome video of Milwaukee! That says Ferry, is it commuter ferry?
The ferry travels from Milwaukee, WI to Muskegon, MI across Lake Michigan. It's one of 2 car ferries that connects WI to MI's Lower Peninsula. You really save a lot of time not having to drive around the bottom of the lake; an added bonus is you don't have to deal with Chicagoland traffic either.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,057,553 times
Awesome videos but seriously at least try to pick the 1 best. If I wanted to watch a lot of videos I could go to youtube myself and just watch every video about the city. Was hoping to get only the best from the people that know the city. I think most people would agree with this sentiment.

Maybe we can say it this way:
Up to ~5 minutes of video whether its a bunch of 30 second clips, a single ~5 minute video, or any combination in between. I don't think anyone wants to watch more than ~5 minutes of video on a city unless its really spectacular. I mean come on who's gonna sit and watch 15 minutes of footage of Tampa... probably nobody (sorry to single you out, I don't plan on watching the 11 minutes of Columbus footage either). Keep in mind we're going to see other people from the same city posting hopefully a different video so even more reason not have a ton of video from a single person.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,748,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Awesome videos but seriously at least try to pick the 1 best. If I wanted to watch a lot of videos I could go to youtube myself and just watch every video about the city. Was hoping to get only the best from the people that know the city. I think most people would agree with this sentiment.

Maybe we can say it this way:
Up to ~5 minutes of video whether its a bunch of 30 second clips, a single ~5 minute video, or any combination in between. I don't think anyone wants to watch more than ~5 minutes of video on a city unless its really spectacular. I mean come on who's gonna sit and watch 15 minutes of footage of Tampa... probably nobody (sorry to single you out, I don't plan on watching the 11 minutes of Columbus footage either). Keep in mind we're going to see other people from the same city posting hopefully a different video so even more reason not have a ton of video from a single person.
I must have missed the 'one video rule', but really, who is going to watch more than 5 mins of any video? Besides, Im like the only one who represents Tampa in CityVsCity and General US threads, so I doubt anyone else is going to post for Tampa. My videos also show off St Pete and Clearwater aswell. Thats 3 cities sharing 3 videos.

Last edited by TB Fla; 06-16-2010 at 09:35 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
DC and Milwaukee Look So Boring
Says the person who hasn't even posted a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
I have never been to Disney and I have been up North to Dc. Wouldnt dare go to Milwaukee. D.C. is cool it just looks boring (Not Saying It IS) Like from the pictures.
You live in Orlando and you've never been to Disney?

I could have sworn I read in another thread how you were all excited for the new Harry Potter ride to open.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I must have missed the 'one video rule', but really, who is going to watch more than 5 mins of any video? Besides, Im like the only one who represents Tampa in CityVsCity and General US threads, so I doubt anyone else is going to post for Tampa. My videos also show off St Pete and Clearwater aswell. Thats 3 cities sharing 3 videos.
I always have Tampa's back, my parents live there. I really stick up for all of Florida, as well as New York, and New Jersey .

Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,690,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Says the person who hasn't even posted a video.

You live in Orlando and you've never been to Disney?

I could have sworn I read in another thread how you were all excited for the new Harry Potter ride to open.
Thats cause its in Universal. and its not just a ride. Its one of the most anticipated theme part attractions since Disney. The Harry Potter cast, and J K Rowling were there today. (Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening: J..K. Rowling makes an appearance at preview party for Wizarding World of Harry Potter - OrlandoSentinel.com) The ride in the castle is going to be like none other in the world.

I guess this will count as my vid..

YouTube - Hogsmeade Village walk-through tour at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

How much detail they put into this is amazing. People who built the movie set were the same people who helped build this. You should see inside the shops and castle.. Its crazy.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,326,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Thats cause its in Universal. and its not just a ride. Its one of the most anticipated theme part attractions since Disney. The Harry Potter cast, and J K Rowling were there today. (Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening: J..K. Rowling makes an appearance at preview party for Wizarding World of Harry Potter - OrlandoSentinel.com) The ride in the castle is going to be like none other in the world.

I guess this will count as my vid..

YouTube - Hogsmeade Village walk-through tour at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

How much detail they put into this is amazing. People who built the movie set were the same people who helped build this. You should see inside the shops and castle.. Its crazy.
That is stunning, can't wait to go there.

I'm dying to know what kind of ride in that mountain/church looking thing.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,690,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That is stunning, can't wait to go there.

I'm dying to know what kind of ride in that mountain/church looking thing.
Thats Hogwarts castle bro! You can go inside and see actual rooms that are in the castle in the movie. And when your finished touring the castle, you go on the ride. The tour is the line for the ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City