Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,707,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I personally think hockey is the toughest sport. Some people are going to say football but just remember, while all of the football players are icing themselves up and healing their wounds getting ready for next Sunday, hockey players are out there playing every night. Losing teeth, getting into LEGAL fights, taking pucks to the face, getting checked into the boards, all this while on ice skates and trying to control yourself and the puck. Also, the NHL season is one of the longest.

Yeah that's all true. But Hockey is the least harmful to joints and bones though. Think about it, it's all gliding along on hockey...No knee, ankle, hip, and shoulder problems as much...

But, hockey players are tough guys.

That Whole Eli Manning thing is such a joke. The little guy got a cut on his head. That happens nearly every night in the NHL. And the guy usually gets stitched up and comes back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 06:48 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
Yeah that's all true. But Hockey is the least harmful to joints and bones though. Think about it, it's all gliding along on hockey...No knee, ankle, hip, and shoulder problems as much...

But, hockey players are tough guys.

That Whole Eli Manning thing is such a joke. The little guy got a cut on his head. That happens nearly every night in the NHL. And the guy usually gets stitched up and comes back
Lol, Eli was like "that wasn't even that big of a deal" it was more like the media was blowing it up. But yeah man, I remember one time Jaromir Jagr got a slap shot to the face, spit some teeth out and kept skating like nothing happened. Hockey players are always the ugliest dudes at the end of their careers. Crooked noses, scars, missing teeth etc. etc. etc. lol.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Lol thanks @ Kid Cann, and I'd say a dentist's dream, they could be at work making money for hours!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 PM

228 posts, read 696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
I disagree. It's like the same people who put Country Music and Folk in the same category. It's like putting Nickleback and Slipknot in the same category because they're both 'Rock'.

I think rap music has become "Popular Hip-Hop".

Q Tip
Mos Def
Twalib Kweli
KRS ONE

.... are much more different than

Soulja Boy Tellum
Lil Wayne
Dem Franchize Boyz
and Jim Jones.

end of story. It's like comparing Apples to Oranges. From lyrical content, high hats, beats, production, lyrics, bar rapping, everything.
What? Hip Hop is a sub culture and Rap (Rapping) is an element of Hip-hop.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,210,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
the people I've seen intrested in rap NEVER talk about hockey unless they are talking it down.
Are the people you know who are interested in rap black? Hockey is obviously not part of black culture, since rinks are generally in suburbs, and hockey equipment is quite expensive. I know here in Philly, the Flyers have a program to teach minority kids the game of hockey, and it's very successful.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:51 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Hockey is awesome...Good hip-hop can be great too...

Unfortunately, the fusion of hockey and hip-hop suffered a major setback in 1986 which it would never fully recover from with the Boston College Eagles' "Beanpot Trot," a Super Bowl Shuffle ripoff that featured future NHLers Doug Brown, Bob Sweeney, and current New York Islanders coach Scott "Flash" Gordon.

YouTube - Beanpot Trot (1986)

Old 08-19-2010, 10:04 PM

^ Rofl

Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,210,581 times
Beanpot Trot was a total fail. BC SUCKS Go BU!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,707,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaH View Post
What? Hip Hop is a sub culture and Rap (Rapping) is an element of Hip-hop.
I get what you're saying, and you're right, but this is how i see it...

Lil Wayne, Jim Jones, and 50 Cent are Rappers.

Talib Kweli, QTip, Mos Def are Hip Hop Artists.

Notice, no art in rapping. Art is in Hip Hop. Anyone can make a track in Fruityloops and rhyme words together over it. My 2 yr old cousin can.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:17 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
so whats the difference between upstarts in 2010 getting fruity loops from a torrent site because they can't afford an mpc/turntables/a keyboard and upstarts in the late 70s/early 80s getting turntables because they couldn't afford instruments??

wayne, jones, 50, talib, mos def, etc. are all rappers and hip hop artists. just because one has different content in their music doesn't mean they should be separated and looked down upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City