Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,958 times

Advertisements

Burn Rubber

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 09:38 PM

468 posts, read 790,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
eek this thread really isn't about who dresses better or whatever. I understand you're from NY and most of you seem to think your style is the best and no other city can compare and everybody wishes they could have it (which is really not the case by the way) but please don't start. I don't want this thread to get shutdown because of people arguing over the pettiest thing.

and really the pics you posted were ok. Some of the stuff you can see anywhere and others you can't. The only pictures I see that you posted that I know you wouldn't be able to see in Detroit is the girl with the green pants on and the last couple with the guys (starting from the guy with the ipod in hand) and thats really only because thats not our style. Everybody style is different. Just appreciate it and keep it moving. oh and the clear nikes because they been out of style here for a min.
Right !!! People are dressin trendy like that all over the USA its 2010 and every region is getting hip to the fashion game.. I grew up in Miami and I had access to alot of highend boutiques and trendy stores.. The pictures that were posted wasn't anything I haven't seen before..

Old 09-26-2010, 09:40 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,737,233 times
Quote:
eek this thread really isn't about who dresses better or whatever. I understand you're from NY and most of you seem to think your style is the best and no other city can compare and everybody wishes they could have it (which is really not the case by the way) but please don't start. I don't want this thread to get shutdown because of people arguing over the pettiest thing.

and really the pics you posted were ok. Some of the stuff you can see anywhere and others you can't. The only pictures I see that you posted that I know you wouldn't be able to see in Detroit is the girl with the green pants on and the last couple with the guys (starting from the guy with the ipod in hand) and thats really only because thats not our style. Everybody style is different. Just appreciate it and keep it moving. oh and the clear nikes because they been out of style here for a min.
lol.

the clear nikes are espos. espos run betwen $500-1000. guarantee you don't know what you're talking about when you talk about them. you probably have never and will never see them in person in your life.

they are not the clear air force ones you are talking about that went out of style. espos will never go out of style because only 1050 exist and they only released in nyc.

second, i don't care what you think. the majority of the fashion that you see in this country goes through nyc first and trickles down to other areas second. most of that ish you see in your city came from out city.

third, our style is the best. otherwise it wouldn't be emulated by as many countries (and states) as it has been. the pics you saw are normal for nyc. we do that every day..not just when we're going to the club or an event. thats the major difference between what you see here and what you see elsewhere. to be honest, the rest of the country, outside of la, sf and pocket areas in certain cities is far behind.

fourth, i appreciate everything from everywhere. it just irks me when ppl claim fashion that isn't their own and at the same time knock where it comes from.

Last edited by eek; 09-26-2010 at 09:50 PM..

Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 PM
eek

espo:

YouTube - Graf Core 1.0 - Espo Clip

Old 09-26-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
lol.

the clear nikes are espos. espos run betwen $500-1000. guarantee you don't know what you're talking about when you talk about them. you probably have never and will never see them in person in your life.

they are not the clear air force ones you are talking about that went out of style. espos will never go out of style because only 1050 exist and they only released in nyc.

second, i don't care what you think. the majority of the fashion that you see in this country goes through nyc first and trickles down to other areas second. most of that ish you see in your city came from out city.

third, our style is the best. otherwise it wouldn't be emulated by as many countries (and states) as it has been. the pics you saw are normal for nyc. we do that everywhere..not just when we're going to the club or an event. thats the major difference between what you see here and what you see elsewhere. to be honest, the rest of the country, outside of la, sf and pocket areas in certain cities is far behind.

fourth, i appreciate everything from everywhere. it just irks me when ppl claim fashion that isn't there own and at the same time knock where it comes from.
lol first off I don't give a damn if those are clear nikes or whatever THEY ARE PLAYED OUT! different name same style. Detroiters haven't rocked any clear shoes since like 04. So if you all are are wasting $500-1000 on shoes that would get you clowned in Detroit and probly other places thats on you. And quite frankly I don't want to see them in person. I'd walk away from a ***** trying to talk to me with some clear shoes on! lmao You all can think your style is the best if you want but garauntee EVERYBODY THINKS THE SAME! about their style as well lmao. If you think ppl don't dislike NY style you're sadly mistaken. Everyone does NOT like NY style. Than NY should irk you too since most fashion comes from overseas anyway smh.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:53 PM

the only thing different from those shoes and clear nikes is the price and name. other than that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference lmao

Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
Right !!! People are dressin trendy like that all over the USA its 2010 and every region is getting hip to the fashion game.. I grew up in Miami and I had access to alot of highend boutiques and trendy stores.. The pictures that were posted wasn't anything I haven't seen before..
There are boutiques and stores with stuff you can't find anywhere else in Detroit! lol the supposed "worst, poorest city in America" lmao. NY is not the only place where you can get something you can't anywhere else. Besides thats not what this thread is supposed to be about. Its supposed to be about different cities showcasing their styles and trends. To show similarities and differences and for everyone to get an idea of what other people wear or think is "hot" not to say "ny has the best style". smh regretting this thread already

Old 09-26-2010, 09:58 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,328 times
It really all depends on personal style/influence.
But mainly here we're on Vintage stuff. . . leathers, studs etc. (well for me at the moment, probably not as hard as I was last Fall)

I remember when I went to ATL for the summer I saw people in the store (Supermarket) looking as if they just got out of bed and into the car. And it wasn't a few people either Lol.

People do that here too like on a rainy day. . . but even if we're going to the store or to the park. We'll look presentable.

Quote:
second, i don't care what you think. the majority of the fashion that you see in this country goes through nyc first and trickles down to other areas second. most of that ish you see in your city came from our city.
^^ I have to agree with eek on this one.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
eek

Quote:
lol first off I don't give a damn if those are clear nikes or whatever THEY ARE PLAYED OUT! different name same style. Detroiters haven't rocked any clear shoes since like 04. So if you all are are wasting $500-1000 on shoes that would get you clowned in Detroit and probly other places thats on you. And quite frankly I don't want to see them in person. I'd walk away from a ***** trying to talk to me with some clear shoes on! lmao You all can think your style is the best if you want but garauntee EVERYBODY THINKS THE SAME! about their style as well lmao. If you think ppl don't dislike NY style you're sadly mistaken. Everyone does NOT like NY style. Than NY should irk you too since most fashion comes from overseas anyway smh.
1. how can something be played out when it wasn't accessible to the general public.

2. who said i rocked my espos??
1050 exist. they go from 500-1000 usd. getting them was hell. they are a collector's item.

3. i promise you that detroit is nowhere near nyc in terms of fashion so i really couldn't care less if we're actually going to compare scenes, as far as what ppl are rocking in detroit and what detroiters think is "played."

4. this reminds me of the devil wears prada with the girl that thought she knew everything, looking down on those into high fashion and the "devil" basically ****ed on her when she told her how fashion actually trickles down so what the girl was wearing actually came from stuff they picked out seasons ago. thats how nyc works.

so you can talk about what you don't care for because we started what you like and what you don't like.

including those bum hats you posted. thats our ish. supreme, alife, dqm, etc. been did that ish and others followed suit.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:08 PM

anyway back to the purpose of this thread

Big sean stay rocking Burn Rubber (oh and the guy next to him on his right is Ro Spit a local artist, I think he may one of the founders of BR, not sure tho)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City