Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 08:39 AM

379 posts, read 512,749 times

Advertisements

IS the edited - no need for name calling overload that exists in the New York City metropolitan area present in all other metro's around the country? For example:

I was struck by another car while I was stopped at a stop sign. The other driver sued me.

When traveling down the road, doing 65 mph on the turnpike, do other drivers flash their brights and flip you off for not going fast enough? In the right lane? Is the car almost always a Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Civic, or Acura Integra in neon yellow?

Do people work 70 hours a week, throw their kids in daycare, just barely make the mortgage payment, lead a miserable existence, and then wonder why their kids turn out to be monsters?

Do bosses expect you to be available to them 24 hours a day, via email, fax, cell phone, landline, text message, and now even Facebook?

Feel free to add more that are common in your area. I'm curious? Is this just how life is today, whether in NYC or Pigsnot, KY? Where can you go to escape this madness?

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-16-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
IS the edited - no need for name calling overload that exists in the New York City metropolitan area present in all other metro's around the country? For example:

I was struck by another car while I was stopped at a stop sign. The other driver sued me.
When traveling down the road, doing 65 mph on the turnpike, do other drivers flash their brights and flip you off for not going fast enough? In the right lane? Is the car almost always a Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Civic, or Acura Integra in neon yellow?
Do people work 70 hours a week, throw their kids in daycare, just barely make the mortgage payment, lead a miserable existence, and then wonder why their kids turn out to be monsters?
Do bosses expect you to be available to them 24 hours a day, via email, fax, cell phone, landline, text message, and now even Facebook?
Feel free to add more that are common in your area. I'm curious? Is this just how life is today, whether in NYC or Pigsnot, KY? Where can you go to escape this madness?
Boy, what a nightmare! NONE of that is ringing a bell with me here on the West Coast, SoCal to be precise!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
I don't know a single person in NYC who has experienced those things.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 AM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
I don't know a single person in NYC who has experienced those things.
That's because they don't happen in NYC.

They happen only in LA.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
This IS Commin In Florida. But You have to think most of FLoridas ignorant drivers are from the islands or northern states in a rush. The island Drivers just are learning the U.S. System as well as the Out OF Country Tourist who rent cars here so it's bad driving here. Then like I said people from the north always seem to be in a rush down here so it does not add up to be a good thing. PLUS THE HEAT. The Traffic Lights are LONG. I mean they are out of sync and the roads are narrow. So People always seem to be a bit more rude here. I mean you can be doing 70 on the beachline or the expressway and get blown at or darted around more than once in your trip. People just are in a big hurry here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City