Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your most desired city?
Portland, Oregon (575,641) 6 9.23%
Seattle, Washington (625,875) 25 38.46%
Los Angeles, California (3,852,820) 17 26.15%
San Diego, California (1,314,900) 17 26.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:28 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Portland is alright, I'm not a fan of Southern California whatsoever, don't like the people, don't like the culture, don't like the cities.
And how much experience do you actually have in Southern CA? I just don't get how someone who hasn't lived in a place can make such a statement about the people and culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 10:11 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
And how much experience do you actually have in Southern CA? I just don't get how someone who hasn't lived in a place can make such a statement about the people and culture.
Don't take it personally. This guy blantantly claimed everyone in San Diego has fake boobs, no culture, and everyone wishes they were L.A and just off the wall statements.

I laugh when people claim about fake boobs. How would they know? Do they go up to the women and ask "hey are your boobs real?"

Also, a lot of people in SD do not like LA, even former Angelinos themselves don't like L.A. and prefer San Diego.

The culture argument is simply put, ridiculous. I'm not even going down that road because if they don't think SD has culture then they are blind.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
1. Skyline: Seattle with Portland a second. I love Portland's bridges. Third would be San Diego. LA is too spread out.
2. Nightclubs: LA by an absurd margin
3. LA, definitely. The other cities have moviemakers??
4. Coastline: LA or SD, both are pretty similar. Portland has a riverbank and Seattle has a bay that's got a shore largely comprised of small rocks that hurt your feet when you walk on them.

5. Women: LA, then SD, then Seattle, then Portland. Someone noted that Seattle was great for its Asians... LA has so many more Asians and much more vibrant Asian communities. And this leads to more attractive Asian women.

Thank you, Los Angeles.

6. Diversity: LA. Then somewhere way down the list, San Diego. Then Seattle, then Portland.
7. Food: LA (everything, and lots of it), then Portland (really vibrant culinary scene), then SD (good Mexican), then Seattle (gourmet ghetto no thanks).
8. Music: LA, Portland. Seattle and SD tie on the suck-o-meter for local music. Seattle was great 20 years ago but now it's pretty crap. SD... well, stoner surf/ska bands... yaaaay.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM

187 posts, read 541,548 times
Portland...

Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM

287 posts, read 547,089 times
San Diego. I can't handle the cold and desolate weather of the Pacific NW as well as the "Seattle Freeze."

Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM

178 posts, read 419,293 times
Skyline: seattle/portland/la/san diego
Nightclubs:la, then seattle. Other two are pale copies of their regional neighbors.
Movies? Ummm...yeah la by a landslide. Seattle has a few movies, and sd sorta does...
Coastline:if were talkin hella surfin, sandy beaches, its by far san diego.
Women: personal preference. Do ya like em with tan lines or not?
Diversity: seattle has lots of diverse ares, but la is diverse throughout. Tie.
Food:depends on what sounds good for dinner
Entertainment: la has lots of it, but its few and far between. Seattle has weed galore,and hella attractions.
My ideal seattle day in the summer is to wake up, load a bowl, make pankakes, go sightseeing, visit
World class restaurants, go to wild waves, tour mueseums, go camping, and spend the night clubbin. Ok, so thats two days, but so what. Anyways, seattle wins.
Weather: rain vs rain vs sun vs sun and wind. Idk
Music. Overall, i would say seattle.electric guitar, stoner movement, grunge, indie, modern hip hop. L.a
Is consistent with artists, but it produces a whole lotta ****ty pop. Portland is ONLY indie, and ive never heard of a san diegan musician, besides flo rida, who sucks.
Overall:seattle. Duh, cuz thats where i live.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:22 AM

1 posts, read 768 times
Seattle has the best skyline and best cute Asian girls
Portland has the best variety of public transportation and best parks
LA has the best culture and the most sexy girls
San Diego has the best sun and the best view of our military in training.
San Francisco has the best theater and the best romantic places.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:22 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
I voted for L.A.

Portland is overrated (though very nice), Seattle is cool but full of passive-aggressive jerks, and San Diego is beautiful but full of road ragin', jarhead jerks.

I've also already lived in L.A. and San Diego, too, but the only city on this list I'd ever live in is L.A.

As for the criteria:
1. Skyline: L.A., followed by Seattle and San Diego
2. Nightclubs: L.A.
3. Coastline: S.D. by a little bit, followed by L.A.
4. Moviemakers: L.A., of course
5. Women: L.A.
6. Diversity: L.A.
7. Food: L.A., by a 1000 miles
8. Music: L.A.
9. Energy/electricity: L.A.
10. International "feel": L.A., followed by Seattle, then S.D.
11. Microclimates: L.A. and S.D. about tied for this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City