Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM

58 posts, read 274,573 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I've read quite a few threads on Naples FL and near the Forth Mill SC and Charlotte NC but still finding it difficult to determine which to live in. Have same set of standards as most (good schools, nice people, etc) but biggest question mark seems to be that of weather. My understanding is that Naples is great in the winter but very hot/humid during many of the other months while I've read many others saying that the charlotte area is nice year round and yet others saying it gets extremely hot and humid as well. Like somewhat of a change in season but being that I presently live in NJ don't want the winter months to last too long. In NJ there is nothing in bloom from Nov. until about May which is extremely depressing. Could someone please give me some advice but try not to be too biased (not just providing positive feedback simply by the fact that you may live there). And again one of my main concerns is the weather. Greatly appreciate some solid, honest feedback being that we all know that moving can be quite an ordeal both physically and mentally.

Thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
Perhaps if this thread would be better if moved to the NC, FL or similar forum. Maybe even the Real Estate forum would give you a better response.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 PM

410 posts, read 833,295 times
Naples has no seasonal weather. It gets cold a few days out of the year (dec, Jan). Today was 80. Okay, maybe not 80, but felt like it. I love SouthWest Fla, but if you want a change in season, south florida is not the place. Also very $$ to live here.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Samsdad,
I noticed you have posted several threads about Charlotte vs. _____________ another city.

Have you posted in the Charlotte forum?
Have you visited Charlotte?
Have you done your own research?

You do not seem happy with the answers that are being given you. Re: the weather. ANYWHERE in the south, with the exception of the mountains, it is going to be hot and humid in the summer. You cannot escape it.

Anyway, Good luck in your search.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdad View Post
In NJ there is nothing in bloom from Nov. until about May which is extremely depressing.
Hate to break it to you, but there isnt much in bloom in most of the South during those months either.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 AM

304 posts, read 745,232 times
Naples FL, like anywhere in the South, is boiling hot all summer. Relief begins about October, it can get down right chilly at night Dec-Jan, the weather is amazing during the winter and then the heat up start again about March-April. I dont know what someone above is talking about no blooms, I never see a change in blooms here (near Naples). Its always green, blue skies, beautiful, but VERY hot half the year. That said, Naples specifically is a pretty small place, mostly VERY expensive, tons of retirees so huge older population driving Caddy's at 30 mph, etc. Its a beautiful city but can be quite snobby. The outdoors scene is great anywhere in SW FL with tons to do outside but mind you that summer no one goes anywhere outside except the beach to sit in the water with a frozen bottle of water in your hand. It seems like the two places you are comparing are quite different from what I know - we are all flat terrain down here. Heat, sun, beach and flat.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Are we talking about FORT Mill, SC? If so, I can't think of two more unalike communities. Previous posters seem to be doing a good job of underscoring that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City