Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bridgeport, CT vs San Jose, CA
Bridgeport, CT MSA 16 50.00%
San Jose, CA MSA 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:19 AM

954 posts, read 1,280,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAC NY View Post
That's a trade off for NYC taking it upon itself to culture you helpless chaps on mainland USA.

We entertain you guys. NYC owns Hollywood.
We teach you guys how to dress. NYC is the Fashion Capital. Fashion week just started in New York and the images are already pouring out all over the globe.
High culture in this country (arts, society, etc.) starts and ends in New York.
We run the media networks and keep you all informed.

The least you could guys could let us do is run the economy.
Dude, you can do better then that. If you're going to stick up for New York, you better not give us even more reasons to hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,115,340 times
Quote:
I've been everywhere. I've only been in NYC for a year, so I'm not some lifetime NYC homer who doesn't get around.

Perhaps, but of your 89 posts, they kinda point to rampant homerism.....just sayin.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
So basically this is a thread comparing SJ to the NY Metro? Who thought of this idiotic thread again?
Who cares, isn't the point of these threads to insult people and places?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,749,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
My guess is its shallow because a lot of bay area people have this bizarre way of being hypocritical and ironic (maybe thats why there are so many hipsters there?). They talk about how cold a city is and how it sucks, then brag about skiing in Tahoe. The talk about how cool it is to go hang around the beach in Santa Cruz, even though the water is just as warm if not warmer in cape cod, in the summer. Never mind the fact that a lot of people who seem to brag about the multitude of outdoor activities in California, seem to be on the computer 24/7. Makes me wonder if these people have jobs or classes let alone actually partake in the outdoor activities they all seem to champion.

skiing makes you hypocritical because you go somewhere cold for a weekend to do it? And being somewhere cold means there's skiing? These points of yours are getting more nonsensical by the second.

And speaking of nature, this is what I was doing today...

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8739/img0159ag.jpg (broken link)

As you can see the weather's great. rofl

Old 02-11-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
for chrissakes propelling humanity u guys made twitter and myspace not the freakin steam engine plane or even toaster spare us
Well, quite a bit more than that.

However, you east coasters sure are a humorless lot, must be seasonal affectation disorder.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
Quote:
skiing makes you hypocritical because you go somewhere cold for a weekend to do it?
No, knocking a place because it has a winter, and than bragging about being able to drive 4 hours to experience an actual winter, is where the hypocracy is. Not that hard of a concept to figure out.

Quote:
These points of yours are getting more nonsensical by the second.
Don't use words you don't understand. Nonsensical was you arguing about sf vs ny, even after 80 percent of the people who voted, voted for ny.

Quote:
And speaking of nature, this is what I was doing today...
Doing what you always do, taking pictures of Oakland. I'm shocked.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
All of you SF Bay people should be on your knees thanking NYC, LA, and Chicago for putting the country on the map, mostly NYC of course. For without these three cities the country would fall into irrelevancy
Not to nitpick, but in 1900, L.A only had 100,000 people, San Francisco had 300,000 people.

Also, Chicago? Come on, we coulda put cow freezers in any city.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
No, knocking a place because it has a winter, and than bragging about being able to drive 4 hours to experience an actual winter, is where the hypocracy is. Not that hard of a concept to figure out.

Don't use words you don't understand. Nonsensical was you arguing about sf vs ny, even after 80 percent of the people who voted, voted for ny.

Doing what you always do, taking pictures of Oakland. I'm shocked.

Please don't be thick. The point was that I was in the nature you claim nobody in CA takes advantage of. Anyway...

And Lake Tahoe isn't about experiencing an "actual winter", its about skiing. You get an "actual winter" in Chicago but you can't ski there.

And lol at you telling me not to use words that "I don't understand"... something tells me I could probably write circles around you. Being condescending doesn't suit you.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 AM

239 posts, read 305,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
skiing makes you hypocritical because you go somewhere cold for a weekend to do it? And being somewhere cold means there's skiing? These points of yours are getting more nonsensical by the second.

Have fun walking up your sweaty mountain.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:

Have fun walking up your sweaty mountain.

Already did

Have fun living in blizzard land for the next month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City