Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 09:26 PM

464 posts, read 523,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
So, you're telling me that you don't understand these words?

Are jobs not the main draw for Raleigh's growth?

And just to be clear, people aren't moving to Richmond for the lifestyle either. They may like the weather or the people when they get there, but they're not packing up and moving for those things first/foremost.
Raleigh is not only bigger, but growing faster. I suggest you get over it.

Richmond isn't happening right now lol.

I send it great energy though

Old 08-10-2016, 03:35 AM

830 posts, read 1,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
I see they combined my thread with this one...lol.

I see no competition. Raleigh has already pulled ahead, and quite easily when you think about it.
Delusions of grandeur? The thread was probably closed because it was a troll thread. Raleigh and Richmond are two different kinds of cities for people in search of two different kinds of things.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
Delusions of grandeur? The thread was probably closed because it was a troll thread. Raleigh and Richmond are two different kinds of cities for people in search of two different kinds of things.
No babe, they combined my original thread with this one. Go check if you must.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:22 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
Raleigh is not only bigger, but growing faster. I suggest you get over it.

Richmond isn't happening right now lol.

I send it great energy though
Keep trolling. Richmond IS happening, despite slower growth. And you can continue ignoring the enormous borders behind the suburban growth that should really be at the metro level in Raleigh.

Regardless, I'm one poster that would chose Richmond 10 times over Raleigh. Raleigh just doesn't have the type of lifestyle I prefer, and there are others that agree.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Keep trolling. Richmond IS happening, despite slower growth. And you can continue ignoring the enormous borders behind the suburban growth that should really be at the metro level in Raleigh.

Regardless, I'm one poster that would chose Richmond 10 times over Raleigh. Raleigh just doesn't have the type of lifestyle I prefer, and there are others that agree.
Good for you and the others who agree

Raleigh will be just fine.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:33 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,682,715 times
Fine is really the only thing Raleigh will be.
It's a fine city.
It's the Hershey bar of cities.
Enjoyable but not special nor particularly interesting.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:43 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
It's a fine city.
If Raleigh continues on its current trajectory, time will be very kind to the city. A city can be interesting and dynamic without having the most extensive historic urban fabric.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:15 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
It's a fine city.
On the contrary I find very much special and interesting about Raleigh...it's all in the eye of the beholder. You should probably look a little closer at a booming city like Raleigh if you think there is nothing special about it - because obviously MANY people disagree with you there.

I would choose Richmond to visit and Raleigh to live...Raleigh has the low-crime factor and is only going to improve in the next couple of decades, while Richmond has the historic tourism factor that I love.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:18 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
I actually really like Richmond, but Raleigh all the way. Lived there up until last month. Richmond is charming, but long-term I think it'd just be too small for me.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:38 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,227,961 times
This thread is still around I see. It never ends. Raleigh for the currently times has all the right pieces. Big Education, Big Pharma, Big Hi-Tech, Big Medical, Big Government. And the biggest win of all Big Word of Mouth! People who work or go to go to school in RDU have families and friends and they talk and travel, and eventually move from NYC or Connecticut or California or abroad etc. Throw in a kick ass park system and forward thinking cities and suburbs around and top notch schools and the answer is clear.

Richmond would have won this poll in the Industrial era. and Civil war times. But it's still finding it's identity amidst the "New South" It's a good city nonetheless but the masses aren't looking for history in everyday life honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City