Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Miami, your allegiance belongs to?
Miami 110 39.01%
Seattle 172 60.99%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:45 AM

1,160 posts, read 2,959,200 times

Advertisements

- Scenery: Seattle
- Schools: Seattle
- Dining: Miami
- Arts: Miami
- Museums: Miami
- Transit: Seattle
- Safety: Seattle
- Best Suburbs: Seattle
- Beaches: Miami
- Nightlife: Miami
- Pro Sports: Miami
- Urban Neighborhoods: Seattle
- Shopping: Miami
- Jobs: Seattle

Both are good cities, but very different. Miami is definitely the far more unique, vibrant, and exciting place to be which makes it a much better place to visit. Seattle is much nicer, more beautiful, and has a better quality of life, which is why it would be a much better place to live. I don't really have an allegiance to either, I just like them for different reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 AM

604 posts, read 1,520,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Seattle if you are white, Miami for more international culture, and fun, and everything else.

This is a stupid statement. I would choose Seattle regardless of my race if I like safety and peace

Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 AM

389 posts, read 586,518 times
Seattle - only because I'm not a warm weather fan.

I'm sure Miami is a great place.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,846 times
Folks, I made this thread to inquire on relocation advice of one city I am forced to relocate to for a few months to the other where I feel most comfortable. I did not create this thread to inquire on any of your preferences on where you wish to live between the two, simply to compare similarities, contrast differences, and give me advice of nice/comparable neighborhoods where my adjustment would be at ease.

Since the creation of this thread, I have spent time in Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Seattle. I like Seattle and look forward to calling it my home for several upcoming months as well as my next real estate investment.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,846 times
Also I took the advice many of you gave me towards Seattle and am content with them, regards to all those that helped me!

To the others whom have geared this discussion thread towards their own interests should likely have taken it elsewhere, not sure why many of you folks post detractions on relocation threads.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM

443 posts, read 877,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post
- Scenery: Seattle
- Schools: Seattle
- Dining: Miami
- Arts: Miami
- Museums: Miami
- Transit: Seattle
- Safety: Seattle
- Best Suburbs: Seattle
- Beaches: Miami
- Nightlife: Miami
- Pro Sports: Miami
- Urban Neighborhoods: Seattle
- Shopping: Miami
- Jobs: Seattle

Both are good cities, but very different. Miami is definitely the far more unique, vibrant, and exciting place to be which makes it a much better place to visit. Seattle is much nicer, more beautiful, and has a better quality of life, which is why it would be a much better place to live. I don't really have an allegiance to either, I just like them for different reasons.
I agree with everythign except dining and sports. Seattle has a better dining scene overall and more rabid and engaged sports fans - not to mention better stadiums

Old 12-16-2011, 03:12 PM

362 posts, read 665,240 times
[quote=Slyman11;21392632]Which city is better, offers better quality of life, more impressive, more desirable to you?*- Scenery slight edge to seattle because of MT. RAINER. But the beaches in miami are the best in america. (this is your choice)- Schools seattle- Dining seattle(alot of nice, fine dining resturaunts and many grills. also great chinese food)- Arts seattle- Museums i like seattle beter here- Transit both could use some work- Safety seattle but the miami subirbs are really safe- Best suburbs- Beaches ummmm..... miami( this was dumb)- Nightlife miami easily - Pro Sports miami- Urban neighborhoods seattle i guess- Shopping miami for sure- Jobs seattle has a better economy*

Old 12-16-2011, 05:03 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,648,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
But the beaches in miami are the best in america.
They aren't even the best in FL.

Last edited by Bill Loney; 12-16-2011 at 05:15 PM..

Old 12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Um, I think s/he was just taking a shot at white people.
Yea, I realize, but wanted to point out the irony with the overwhelmingly Cuban population in Miami considering itself "white".

Old 12-16-2011, 07:53 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,602,221 times
Miami.

Can't believe Seattle is winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City