Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 06:42 PM

162 posts, read 388,890 times

Advertisements

Hello...

Strange comparison I suppose

To be fair, I think I am just trying to find someone who has lived in both and spent a lot of time at the Harbors. Likely it will be unlikely,(to find someone who actually has lived in both) but worth the asking to me LOL

I loved DP. I loved the Marina/Harbor and all the activities they have going on. 4th of July water fights in the bay...crazy fun. Parade of lights is large, many restaurants having different events each month etc. I do miss it.

I have not lived in Fl. My husband wants to give it a go and I am very much willing and ready .

I know it will be crazy hotter there, that will not be an issue for comparison.

I guess I want to know if the harbor there has *events* throughout the year like the DP Harbor does?

I will not be one of those people who move to an area and say; 'oh, such and such place did it like this' etc.

I just want to be prepared before moving there and not expect activities that do not happen. Hope that was clear? LOL

In my dream world I would like to have DP Harbor drop a few points when compared to Bradenton/Sarasota harbors, but if not, I will be OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyPlaces View Post

I will not be one of those people who move to an area and say; 'oh, such and such place did it like this' etc.
That's the exact outlook people should have before moving anywhere. Kudos.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Seems to be the least of the outlooks I read in many posts
Often I wonder if people do not realize that *re-locating* will automatically go hand in hand with *re-adjustment* to weather, culture and so on.

I believe you get it, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
That's the exact outlook people should have before moving anywhere. Kudos.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,940 times
I'm curious if you moved, and how bradenton is? we lived in dana point from aug to oct 2011, and are planning on moving to bradenton soon.. being from the south i've always loved fla beaches, but cali is so beautiful.. it's hard to decide

Old 03-04-2012, 07:18 PM

Hi,
No we have not moved yet *sigh* lol. My husband earns $32 per hour + bonus and that is so difficult to find in this market now...

I LOVE the Dana Point area as well as the Central Coast very much, but truthfully, the mornings are chilly and the nights are actually cold most of the time. My husband does not want to spend any more time in the cold, so it is his turn to live in the climate HE loves LOL.

We must stay where we are now (in TX ) until we save A LOT of money and he is closer to retirement age.

I KNOW that I will miss the combination of mountains AND ocean, terribly, so that is something you need to consider. I also know I will not like the humidity in FL at all, but will adjust.

If Florida had mountains......well then! LOL

One thing to consider: if you leave Cali, it could likely be VERY difficult to afford to go back unless you are very wealthy.

If we were living in Cali right now and trying to decide, I am sure we would take some time and rent a very small place on short lease terms and go as often as possibe to experience the climate etc. I know it would cost quite a bit and we would have to change our living style, but better that than do the move and not be happy.

Sorry I am not much help! I guess I just miss the beauty of Cali...and I miss the ocean something fierce.

Sherri

Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,940 times
Thanks Sherri..

We actually moved to Bradenton a few days ago.. the weather and beach are awesome, and you're right if only fla had mountains! the scenery isn't as pretty but i like the warm weather.. my son can swim here and isn't cold when he comes out of the water.. There is alot less traffic than OC too.

Good luck to u, maybe ur husband will find a job here soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City