Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:35 PM

37 posts, read 79,320 times

Advertisements

Top 5 visited (in no particular order)

Chicago
Los Angeles
New York
San Diego
San Francisco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 PM

170 posts, read 325,843 times
Top Places I liked to visit:

Philadelphia-----I love the historic area, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Constitution Center, Betsy Ross House, the food is good, downtown is very lively even though some areas near downtown are sketchy after dark

San Francisco---Fisherman's Warf is cool, I like seeing the Sea Lions, the hilly streets, Chinatown, being close to the water is a bonus

Washington DC---the cultural ammenities and museums cant be beat.

Los Angeles--- I liked seeing the studios, Hollywood Walk of Fame, beaches

New York---the shopping, museums, Central Park to people watch, the theaters, great food. But I hate the 'busyness' and crowds.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
That I've visited:

1. NYC
2. NOLA
3. Boston
4. San Diego
5. DC

Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 PM

83 posts, read 180,599 times
Great thread!

1a) Los Angeles - Live here! It was always my favorite place to visit as a kid(Disneyland!), and is now my favorite place to live lol. Great weather, friendly and open minded people, cutting edge fashion, beautiful women(with equally beautiful personalities to match ), limitless types of things to do, awesome food, I really can't say much more. I'm so lucky to live here and I can't imagine living anywhere else!

1b) Las Vegas - It's always been my favorite place to vacation since before I turned 21, and now it's practically like heaven lol. It's home to everything good in life(food, weather, shopping, live-and-let-live, beautiful people, 24 hour everything, nightlife, and now HOUSE MUSIC) and I don't even gamble! The only place I've ever asked the question "Is this real life?" (and I've done it multiple times, lol). Tied with LA because, well, I can't choose haha.

3) Miami - Only been here once, but I can't wait to go back again next year! I really like the international upscale feel of the city and it makes me feel like I'm a real citizen of the world lol.

4) New Orleans - Only went to Bourbon Street but I really liked it, especially the food and festivities!

?) NYC - This is a ? because I don't think I've explored this city enough to make a ranking. Haven't been back since 2003, only saw the Statue of Liberty/Times Square/Upper East Side/Flushing but I would like to come back again soon to really get to know the place!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times
Chicago (born and raised their)

New york (best nightlife and shopping )

San Francisco (my favorite metro)

Houston (love that city and the food scene is very good)

Los Angeles (This metro has more to do than all of them, sorry New York)

I always wanted to visit Denver. I hear good things about, sadly I've only been to the airport.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,115,409 times
San Francisco Bay Area (visited many times)- great scenery/ weather..sophisticated but low-key..something for everyone...diverse and cosmopolitan

Seattle (lived)- pleasant environment..safe and clean feeling...vibrant atmosphere

Chicago (visited twice)- friendly down-to-earth people and atmosphere...great downtown and lake

Los Angeles/ Orange County (live in)- lots to see and do...diverse and vibrant

Las Vegas (visited countless times)- new things to see and do every time

Honolulu too for 6th place

Old 06-25-2012, 11:35 AM

934 posts, read 1,440,423 times
Kinda of the same cities being picked over and over... A lot of these are visits, but I would love to live in each.

Yagon- Easily my favorite city outside the US. The entire city (and country) is amazing. Hidden away from modernization, and has remained an amazing place to be. The people are resilient. The food is fantastic. The Shwedagon is the Mecca of the East. I would love to wake up each morning with it on the skyline.

Twin Cities - I've never lived here, but I always assumed this would be a perfect match for me. Liberal, educated, beautiful skyline, and I think winter is only beautiful when there is snow on the ground.

Warsaw-Amazing city. Great people, great food and amazing architecture. I really enjoy the history of the city as well.

San Francisco- I visited a couple of cities when I was young, but no city seems to be a vivid as San Francisco. I enjoyed the Asian influence and the maritime culture. I would like to go back one day.

Indianapolis- my most recent location. I have to say I really love it. It a great sized city (big, but not too big) with nice people, great location, nice colleges and Indy is an underdog. Gotta love the underdog.

honorable mention: Chicago

Old 06-25-2012, 12:20 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
Kinda of the same cities being picked over and over... A lot of these are visits, but I would love to live in each.

Yagon- Easily my favorite city outside the US. The entire city (and country) is amazing. Hidden away from modernization, and has remained an amazing place to be. The people are resilient. The food is fantastic. The Shwedagon is the Mecca of the East. I would love to wake up each morning with it on the skyline.

Twin Cities - I've never lived here, but I always assumed this would be a perfect match for me. Liberal, educated, beautiful skyline, and I think winter is only beautiful when there is snow on the ground.

Warsaw-Amazing city. Great people, great food and amazing architecture. I really enjoy the history of the city as well.

San Francisco- I visited a couple of cities when I was young, but no city seems to be a vivid as San Francisco. I enjoyed the Asian influence and the maritime culture. I would like to go back one day.

Indianapolis- my most recent location. I have to say I really love it. It a great sized city (big, but not too big) with nice people, great location, nice colleges and Indy is an underdog. Gotta love the underdog.

honorable mention: Chicago
Thanks for mentioning the Twin Cities, but I'm not going to expand on that selection and be a boring homer. Instead, I think you make an interesting point that I have come to learn about myself: that winter without snow and/or ice is just not the same as winter with it. Having lived in "Northern" localles that don't have snow/ice much of the winter, I can verify (for myself, at least) that winter is best when it's....."wintry"!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:29 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
No particular order:

Paris
NYC
Chicago
Boston
Vienna

Old 06-25-2012, 12:35 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,349 times
Top 5 cities that I've visited/lived:

New York City - Visited multiple times and never go long without going back. It's the greatest city in the world and really, that's all that needs to be said.

Cincinnati - Lived in, moved away, moved back. It's quirky, interesting, scenic, eclectic and I love the vibe. America's most underrated city, in my opinion.

Seattle - Visited about a month ago for the first time and this city instantly became one of my favorites. The scenery, character, cool weather, vibe is amazing. An elite city.

Washington, D.C. - Visit often, so much to do. It's just dripping with history and character.

Denver - Lived, visited. Laid-back, scenic, the beer culture and the fact that you can disappear into the mountains only 20 minutes from the city.

Honorable mention: San Francisco (visited), Madison (visited), Fort Myers (visited/lived)

Last edited by abr7rmj; 06-25-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City