Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM

66 posts, read 91,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post

Wow, BTTS you are extremely rude, and I am sure have never been to Ohio! I grew up in LA, went to college in Boston, travel quite a bit to DC and live in the Chicago area. ALL THREE are more interesting than LA in my opinion, as much as I love LA. Why you think that you are so special and more interesting than someone else based upon strictly upon geography is beyond me, unless that opinion is based upon ignorance.
LA no longer applies to you either.

Keep your opinions in flyover Boston, DC, Frisco, Chicago where ever you live now. If it ain't NYC and LA then don't speak like you are from a more interesting city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:49 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,359,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to the 'States View Post

Keep your opinions in flyover Boston, DC, Frisco, Chicago where ever you live now. If it ain't NYC and LA then don't speak like you are from a more interesting city.
I am sure that my flyover town is 100 times nicer ( near Chicago by the way )than your California Montebello, Bellflower, Norwalk, Compton etc. wherever you are from place that you call fascinating is. Just your tone towards others tells me what a well rounded interesting guy that you are.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:52 PM

66 posts, read 91,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
I am sure that my flyover town is 100 times nicer ( near Chicago by the way )than your California Montebello, Bellflower, Norwalk, Compton etc. wherever you are from place that you call fascinating is. Just your tone towards others tells me what a well rounded interesting guy that you are.
I live in a hotel next to Century City.

You don't know the first thing about me.

Last edited by Back to the 'States; 01-10-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallahasseehero1 View Post
Bonus question: what city would you like to visit that you have not yet?
New Orleans - It's been on my bucket list for a long time and I honestly don't know why I haven't made it there yet as it's undoubtedly one of the most interesting cities in the US. The food alone sounds like its worth the trip.

Minneapolis - I'm not rushing to get there or anything but I'd like to hang out there for a fun urban weekend. It looks like a pretty city in photos.

Duluth, MN - I've seen pics with attractive forested hills and the lakeshore, plus it seems like its got real grit. I'd like to see the Lake Superior shoreline as well.

Asheville, NC - Sure does look pretty in pictures, plus I like places like Burlington and Boulder, seems like Asheville is the southern cousin version.

Houston - It's the only major city in Texas I haven't been even though its the largest, go figure. It's not a big tourist kind of city so it's hard for me to get my head around buying a plane ticket solely for a visit Houston for an urban getaway. Honestly it doesn't sound like my kind of city and I've been reluctant to see it but there has been so much discussion about it on C-D that I really have to see what all the fuss is about. With its level of diversity I'm sure it would be a very remarkable culinary destination at the very least. I talk to people there on the phone at work on most days and they're quite friendly.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 03-27-2014 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 07:21 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,113,729 times
For visiting only (only one US city I've lived in cracks top 5):

1. New York City (like others have said, at my stage in life I'm not sure I could live here, but this city leaves nothing off the table...you can get a fix for just about anything here and if you respond well to stimuli, then I'd argue no city in any developed country is as stimulating as Manhattan)
2. San Francisco (I live here and I fell in love with this city on my very first visit; there is only 1 other city on earth I have truly fallen in love with and that is Paris)
3. Chicago ("best" city in America...lots of family/friends here and fond memories, and I can never get over the architecture and scale of the city)
4. Boston (this was my favorite American city for a while until I visited SF...I think this city is just beautiful, and it can't be matched for cleanliness and European look/feel)
5. Charleston (such a special city - clean, beautiful, fantastic architecture, stuff to do, AMAZING food, and the epitome of all of the best traits of the south...it truly is the best that the south has to offer and I don't think that will ever change)

Honorable mentions

Philadelphia (I see so many similarities to SF and I love the history of the city and the beautiful parks)
DC (this city never ceases to amaze me, from its sheer scale to its regality to the feeling of importance with every building, nook, and cranny...it definitely gives me a fix like no other city can)
Nashville (I've had so much fun and been thoroughly impressed with each visit here...I prefer it over Austin actually)
NOLA (too many personal relationships to this great American city not to give it a shoutout)
Milwaukee (fondness, memories, and random appeal)

Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM

489 posts, read 911,159 times
1. DC (lived)
2. SF (visited a few times)
3. San Diego (lived)
4. NYC (visited several times)
5. Richmond (visited many times, but have been several times more recently)

Old 03-27-2014, 09:40 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to the 'States View Post

I should flyover you with a wine in hand as I laugh at your idiotic statement over the sky

Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times
Visited:

NYC
LA
Atlantic City
Fort Lauderdale
Baltimore

I'm not counting DC since I actually live in the area and have been in the City a million times since infancy. And I still haven't seen all of DC

Old 03-29-2014, 05:01 PM

43 posts, read 89,562 times
5. Flagstaff - Really pretty. great summer weather. lots to do.
4. Charlotte - Really pretty. Been there multiple times, lived an hour and a half north.
3. Phoenix - Live here now. Winter weather is perfect, tons of stuff to do, good food, scenic, and close to everything
2. San Diego - The weather of course. The Beach and the food sure helps too. I've spent a lot of time here.
1. San Francisco - Self Explanatory. Culture, History, Architecture, Diversity, Topography, Weather, Wealth. Just Awesome.
I go to San Francisco multiple times a year.

I really want to go to Seattle.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:13 PM

43 posts, read 89,562 times
Back to the States:

To me, Los Angeles is one of the most boring and disappointing cities in the country. It is on the absolute bottom of my list. It is big, the air is dirty, traffic sucks, the touristy areas are crowded and expensive, and there are several parts of the city that are stuck up that shouldn't be. The beaches are much cleaner in San Diego. The only time I have to be in L.A. is when I have to drive through in order to get to San Francisco.

Before you bash other cities, maybe you should check them out, as it would seem that the only thing you do is fly between L.A. and New York. You don;t know what you are missing.

Be respectful, as its a lot faster to fly over Los Angeles than it is to drive through it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City