Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
Stop defending you're "wannabe" NYC city. Chicago has nothing. The lakes "wow", the sears tower "wow", pizza "wow...pizza", theres nothing in Chicago. If somebody want to go visit Chicago then they reconsider and try visiting NYC. Somewhere were they'll get more than just pizza and a walk around the city. Draw up a list of why "someone" should visit Chicago. If you visit NYC and you visit LA...you pretty much saw it all. Go get your popcorn! you'll need when you try comming up with a list!
What a ridiculous coment. Nothing to do in Chicago... Ha! You've obviously never been there.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Don’t bring Chicago into this, Donnie. Chicago is one of the most loved cities in the world… LA is not. People do not respect LA like they do Chicago.
and since when are you the "Voice of the People"??

Old 09-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
What a ridiculous coment. Nothing to do in Chicago... Ha! You've obviously never been there.
exactly what I expected from lil Futurecop and Steve-o.
You guys cant come up with anything other than making fun of other people posts or comments.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
Been to both, and LA has not that much to offer, for me. San Fran, love the area, city, food, people, nightlife, etc.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
youre a joke? whats "travelers"??
the most visited city in the Country is Orlando! guess who's next?? Los Angeles! New York is at number 4 and Chicago is at six or five. Go check it on ForbesTraveler. The second largest city in the country is Los Angeles. Like it or not.
Read this, SurekRZA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Did you count millions of illegal visitors passing by LA also?

D.K. Shifflet & Associates is a Travel research company. Many major US cities include NY, Chicago, SF, LA, Seattle..etc. use data pubished by DKSA to estimate the tourism rankings and trends for their cities. Most cities did not use Forbes data because they know the info is not reliable. That's a big difference. So sad

Tourism rankings

A revised formula for calculating the number of domestic visitors to a city each year has vaulted Chicago into a four-way tie for first in 2006 with Atlanta, Orlando and New York. In 2005, under the old formula, Chicago was No. 4.

2006 rankings, new formula

1. Chicago (4-way tie)

1. Atlanta

1. Orlando

1. New York

2. Houston

3. Atlantic City

4. San Diego

5. Dallas

6. San Antonio

7. Los Angeles

8. Las Vegas

2005 rankings, new formula

1. Orlando

2. Atlanta

3. Chicago

4. Las Vegas

5. New York

6. Dallas

7. San Antonio

8. Houston

9. San Diego

10. Los Angeles

2005 rankings, old formula

1. Orlando

2. Las Vegas (tie)

2. New York (tie)

3. San Diego

4. Chicago

5. Los Angeles

6. Atlantic City

7. Atlanta

----------

Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
You guys cant come up with anything other than making fun of other people posts or comments.
You can't come up with anything either. If I said there was nothing to do in LA you'd be all over me. Get over yourself.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
And Donnies comments are just perfect to nail. Just perfect! So dim-witted. "Oh well LA is better because we have more rappers than Chicago." lmfao!

Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Stop defending you're "wannabe" NYC city. Chicago has nothing. The lakes "wow", the sears tower "wow", pizza "wow...pizza", theres nothing in Chicago. If somebody want to go visit Chicago then they reconsider and try visiting NYC. Somewhere were they'll get more than just pizza and a walk around the city. Draw up a list of why "someone" should visit Chicago. If you visit NYC and you visit LA...you pretty much saw it all. Go get your popcorn! you'll need when you try comming up with a list!
Field Museum of Natural History

Museum of Science and Industry

Chicago Art Museum

Adler Planetarium

Navy Pier

John Hancock Observatory

Sears Tower Observatory

Seadog lakefront skyline cruise

Architectural tour on the Chicago River

Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Visit the dozens of live theatres (Second City, Steppenwolf, Goodman, etc)

Millenium Park

Grant Park

Oak Street Beach

Magnificent Mile shopping (best shopping corridor in the USA)

Oak Street shopping

China Town

Germantown

Wrigley Field (Cubs)

US Cellular Field (White Sox)

United Center (Bulls and Blackhawks)

Soldier Field (Bears)

Civic Opera House

House of Blues

The 10,000 (get your mind over that!) restaurants in the downtown area.

Buckingham Fountain

Stock Exchange

Visit the Palmer House, Four Seasons, Hotel Intercontinental, Drake Hotel, etc

Bahai Temple

Brookfield Zoo

Lincoln Park Zoo

Chicago Cultural Center

Lincoln Park Conservatory

Chicago Botanical Garden

Chicago ArchiCenter

And Im just scratching the surface. Now I know its hard for LA folks to comprehend what a dynamic downtown is, but hopefully this will give you a slight clue.

Now, what can you do in downtown LA? Eat at Maria Villalobos' Taco Stand?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM

D.K. Shifflet & Associates (never heard of them?

One question: What makes these people and associates reliable?

I just went to their home page. If you look it at it, It looks VERY un-reliable and VERY unprofessional.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
And Donnies comments are just perfect to nail. Just perfect! So dim-witted. "Oh well LA is better because we have more rappers than Chicago." lmfao!
I know. LMBO. I want to use that in my signature on some other boards. Thats the most retarded thing I think Ive read yet. LMBO. Oh, heaven help humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City