Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vancouver or Minneapolis?
Vancouver 25 48.08%
Minneapolis 27 51.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:08 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times

Advertisements

This doesn't seem like a fair comparison, to me. Maybe you could compare Vancouver to Seattle, and maybe San Francisco, but that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
This doesn't seem like a fair comparison, to me. Maybe you could compare Vancouver to Seattle, and maybe San Francisco, but that's about it.
I tried to include some pictures I took while in Vancouver, but can't seem to get it right.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:50 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLion512 View Post
friendly people - ever spent time there? Twin Cities have "Minnesota Nice", Vancouver is known for the same type of 'coldness' as Seattle, having been to both places I thought the difference was noticeable
Agreed. It's all of the northern (overcast) part of Ecotopia. It's annoying. In SEA, you'll get it from a WASPy American. In YVR, you'll get it from a WASPy Canadian. It's certainly NOT Montreal in terms of attitude.

But, it's six, one half dozen, or the other, so, to drink coffee, eat a slice of pie, and read the paper on your own, I'd rather do it in Vancouver than Minneapolis, and deal with it. Hands down.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 AM

22 posts, read 33,306 times
I would say Vancouver looks great because of all the action going on. Some people like to go half full or half empty. I'd say Minneapolis is good beacuse you have a lot to do (fun stuff). The springs and falls are slightly warmer in Minneapolis. I'd say Minneapolis, but Vancouver is great too.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:30 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
I have to agree with ShrikeArghast on this one. I didn't find it to be all that expensive and the people are pretty cool imo. One of my all time favorite cities. If you're up there at the end of the month, checkout the Vancouver International Jazz Festival. It is simply spectacular and last a week.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:24 PM

182 posts, read 297,549 times
I would say Mpls has far superior architecture. Downtown has the big modern skyscrapers while the neighborhoods are full of brownstones, a huge variety of pre WWII mansions of all sytles, and other historic gems like the Bascilla of St. Mary. St Paul also has brownstones and the largest collection of Victorian mansions in the country. Vancouver has gorgeous scenery but the skyline is basically just ugly condos. The Twin Cities also have a far bigger corporate presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City