Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is better?
Pacific Northwest 50 70.42%
Deep South 21 29.58%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:19 PM

36 posts, read 54,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The demographic mix in the South is quite different than anywhere else in the Western world...that and the super bad karma of allowing slavery has had a very negative impact on the region.

I'm surprised the south is doing so well...Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Houston all have a fantastic lifestyle after factoring cost of living.
How so?

Old 05-21-2016, 01:22 AM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
The demographic mix in the South is quite different than anywhere else in the Western world...that and the super bad karma of allowing slavery has had a very negative impact on the region.

I'm surprised the south is doing so well...Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Houston all have a fantastic lifestyle after factoring cost of living.
I'm not. The weather is better, the people are nicer, and the cost of living is much lower.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I'm not. The weather is better, the people are nicer, and the cost of living is much lower.
All true, but I think the previous poster was referencing the surprisingly good performance of the region, in spite of the strong history of racism/slavery the region had, as well as the 3rd world level HDIs and QOL of several states in the region.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:01 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSamurai View Post
How so?
Easily discovered with a minute spent researching....anyone that doesn't know that demonstrates a sad commentary on our education system. To be fair, I've spent almost my entire life between the south and PNW so the differences are pretty obvious to me.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Easily discovered with a minute spent researching....anyone that doesn't know that demonstrates a sad commentary on our education system. To be fair, I've spent almost my entire life between the south and PNW so the differences are pretty obvious to me.
Before you get your panties in a wad, I will tell that what I was meaning to say was: what demographic mix are you referencing? The strong duality of white Anglos and Blacks in the region? Or are you referring to the heavy presence of Evangelical Protestants in the region vs elsewhere in the Western World.

Last edited by CyberSamurai; 05-21-2016 at 02:34 AM..

Old 05-21-2016, 02:54 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSamurai View Post
Before you get your panties in a wad, I will tell that what I was meaning to say was: what demographic mix are you referencing? The strong duality of white Anglos and Blacks in the region? Or are you referring to the heavy presence of Evangelical Protestants in the region vs elsewhere in the Western World.
The black/white duality and the lingering affects of slavery and Jim Crow.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:20 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
The black/white duality and the lingering affects of slavery and Jim Crow.
Oh honey, if you think there is no racism or socioeconomic inequalities in the Pacific Northwest you are sadly mistaken.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:42 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,696,789 times
PNW for me!

I enjoy the cuisine, geography, the gulf beaches of the deep south but it's also the most backward (yeah I said it!) region in the USA.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:57 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,429,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U146 View Post
Who wants to see a swamp? And the PNW also has beaches which are much more scenic than the Deep South.
Swamps tours are extremely popular,Ever hear of the Everglades,Louisiana Bayou,or in Georgia Okefenokee Swamp.
Swamps have more bio-diversity than almost any eco system on the planet
If you dont know then you should not comment. Im just saying.....

I agree that the beaches are much more scenic but how many people compared to the South actually go to those beaches?Not even close.The reaso why once again id use to WEATHER!.

Who wants to go to a beautiful beach with overcast skies much of the time?

Old 05-21-2016, 03:01 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,429,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What case am I building exactly? AGAIN I was just simply stating some facts. If you don't like the facts and think they are irrelevant that's fine, just move on then.

AGAIN I don't care if people move to the South or don't or the reasons they do, why do you keep bringing this up to me? People moving there isn't going to stop me from stating some facts about the region.

Ok then find someone to discuss hate crimes with.
Its a forum.You remark people respond.Perhaps you cant handle this particular type of engagement.

Your remarks are not reasonable based on the fact that people are moving to the South from other regions in drovee.Now how how are those "facts" if the results and reality say other wise?

You can say whatever you want but dont you want to be truthful,accurate or relevant?Do you work for Fox News?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City