Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times

Advertisements

The once elite Park Avenue of Minneapolis tragically became a slum/getto, at its low point in the 70s. The mansions are still there, only now subdivided into projects. Its beautiful if you squint at it, trying to ignore the shirtless males doing drugs on every porch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,007,408 times
Our worse ghetto (Huntington Beach/the slater slums) is a near paradise compared to some "nice" middle class areas i've seen in the midwest.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:09 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,537,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Our worse ghetto (Huntington Beach/the slater slums) is a near paradise compared to some "nice" middle class areas i've seen in the midwest.
or anywhere in america for that matter

long beach, ca or buffalo?

i'm going w/long beach. i'll live w/a potential drive by
snoop - you have no idea

Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
I lived in West Palm and have taken Tamarind from city place to Riviera beach.

It's kind of "caribbean ghetto" which is not very menacing imo...

riviera beach fl - Google Maps

^There are some projects out there that are just like liberty city.

Maybe dangerous, but not like an Apocalyptic place with spooky goons.

Certainly not a scary ghetto like East Wilmington, Chester or Camden...

rivera beach looks like the florida version of Newark.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
I lived in West Palm and have taken Tamarind from city place to Riviera beach.

It's kind of "caribbean ghetto" which is not very menacing imo...

riviera beach fl - Google Maps

^There are some projects out there that are just like liberty city.

Maybe dangerous, but not like an Apocalyptic place with spooky goons.

Certainly not a scary ghetto like East Wilmington, Chester or Camden...

Riviera Beach and Tamarind aren't as menacing in physical appearance as East Wilminton or Camden, but believe me, Riviera Beach and the Tamarind Ave area are just as dangerous. There was a homicide as recently as yesterday near Tamarind in that general vicinity, and like 6 shootings and 4 homicides in the last 2 weeks in Riviera Beach. Mind you these areas are very small in population. These aren't large neighborhoods by any stretch.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Riviera Beach and Tamarind aren't as menacing in physical appearance as East Wilminton or Camden, but believe me, Riviera Beach and the Tamarind Ave area are just as dangerous. There was a homicide as recently as yesterday near Tamarind in that general vicinity, and like 6 shootings and 4 homicides in the last 2 weeks in Riviera Beach. Mind you these areas are very small in population. These aren't large neighborhoods by any stretch.
umm going by pictures the only reason why rivera beach doesnt look as bad as those urban grits is because its sprawled. But rivera beach is a sprawled version of how newark might look.

ive seen google maps of rivera beach where blocks were filled with abondoned houses.

funny thing is that alot of people in florida, and the south in general seem to think nyc is all apartments and laugh at it because of that but when i went to west palm beach i swear to you my brothers house was probably smaller then my apartment right here in brooklyn.

He didnt live in a ghetto either. He lived on the boarder of lake worth/west palm beach. I notice that west palm beach has poor areas that arent crime ridden also.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:24 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post

ive seen google maps of rivera beach where blocks were filled with abondoned houses.
Where? post that google maps link...

Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 AM

587 posts, read 1,411,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
So that's what the SD stands for? I wondered why they wore Padre hats in Frisco. I guess UNLV hat's were for Lakeview?
Yes. UNLV stands for "Underground Nation Living Violently". The "LV" in UNLV standing for Lakeview. There are no real established African-American Blood or Crip sets in SF, Vallejo, Oakland or Richmond, just turf based crews (although Asian gangs in the Bay have been known to claim Blood and Crip):

San Francisco Youth In A State Of “Perpetual Grief” | Breaking News for Black America

Bloods and Crips from L.A. unsuccessfully tried to extend their dominance to the ghettos of SF and Oakland in the 80's. L.A. Bloods and Crips were ran out of town or murdered on sight. This goes to show you that the pretty SF hoods like Lakeview are not soft or easily influenced.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
Where? post that google maps link...
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=rivie...304.89,,1,4.45

Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM

587 posts, read 1,411,273 times
Here is another one. Country Club Crest in Vallejo, California. Home of the late legendary Bay Area rapper Mac Dre. Looks nice right? This looks like it might be the neighborhood from Back II the Future.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CCcQ8gEwAA

But this is what its really like over there...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City