Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM

4 posts, read 3,576 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have always been an east coaster (grew up in MD, have family in NC and FL, and I graduated from the University of Florida). I am currently in the Army and getting out soon. I have been trying to get some ideas together for where I want to go. I was planning on staying east coast, but some friends and co-workers reccommended I check out California (never been), based on a lot of my interests as far as terrain, weather, and activities go. I love beach, mountains, warm and cold equally. I will be a young single guy working in heathcare admin.

Everything I look at online points me toward San Francisco, LA, and San Diego (sorry about the typo up top).

I work someone from SF and one from Monterrey. They agreed somewhere like Santa Cruz would be perfect for me.

Anyone out there who can give me their input and some city comparison based on my preferences?

Again I like:
-beach and mountains (I prefer to be closer to beach)
-fluctuation in temp
-I am a single/mid-20's working in healthcare admin (knowing big healthcare hubs would be useful)
-I enjoy good night life, but like to have my home not ingulfed in it
-Liberal (I only say this because a lot of military get pointed toward San Diego, I am not the typical conservative military person)
-I enjoy college areas (and they usually have large healthcare systems as part of universities, and provide me with grad school opportunities)

Any help would be awesome, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City