Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Francisco vs Miami
San Francisco 164 69.20%
Miami 73 30.80%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times

Advertisements

Which metro is best overall?

Education
Economy
Nightlife
Diversity
Amenities
Food
Weather
Traffic
Architect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM

607 posts, read 1,372,203 times
San Francisco wins in every single category.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
San Francisco wins in every single category.
Nightlife?

Although I agree SF would win most categories here I'd rather live in Miami right now for the beaches and weather.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
I think San Francisco wins in most categories. Weather and nighlife I would give the edge to Miami. Miami has the advantage of having a real beach culture. That is probably where it ends for me. San Francisco wins in every other category. I love South Florida and I'm very happy living here but understand that the Bay Area just has more to offer overall. I vote for San Fran without hesitation.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,498,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Which metro is best overall?

Education SF
Economy SF
Nightlife Miami
Diversity SF
Amenities SF
Food SF
Weather Miami
Traffic miami
Architect SF
above

Old 02-17-2013, 10:26 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
[quote=ATUMRE75;28292395]Which metro is best overall?

Education: San Fran
Economy: They're both atrocious
Nightlife: Tie
Diversity: Tie
Amenities: Tie
Food: San Fran
Weather: Subjective
Traffic: Miami
Architect: Miami

Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 PM

214 posts, read 410,072 times
Now with photos added, this wil be tougher to judge. But when dealing with practicality, I would suggest SF by a legit margin.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 PM

861 posts, read 1,455,219 times
I guess SF wins them all.

But I wouldn't want to live in either places.

SF has nothing but hippies/ hipsters and homos. Also too liberal and too packed in.

Miami has a high population of snotty rich people who are out of touch with reality and a lot of illegals.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
I guess SF wins them all.

But I wouldn't want to live in either places.

SF has nothing but hippies/ hipsters and homos. Also too liberal and too packed in.

Miami has a high population of snotty rich people who are out of touch with reality and a lot of illegals.
Speaking of 'out of touch with reality'. Lord have mercy! Where do these people with these opinions come from?

Anyway San Francisco for me including weather.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times
Miami.

They are polar opposites but it's fun to compare the two. I prefer the weather in Miami as well as it's location and the fact that it's pancake flat (hills on the outskirts and in the suburbs would be stupendous however if they were there). I'm not into the extra steps for keeping a car secured while parked on the hill, technically pull the tires outward or else get a citation. The walking aspect isn't the same as it could be either, just a different experience altogether. Car ownership in San Francisco in general just seems to be a super hassle and it's one I'm not willing to deal with but not having my car can and will be an inconvenience to my schedule's flexibility for late nights.

Too many "extras" come with San Francisco and they're extras that I don't view as a convenience to Miami. One brighter spot is San Francisco's stellar transit systems, as there are several days where I hate being behind the wheel while Miami's transit is mostly a linear line, so it doesn't get around to everywhere I could potentially want to be. I'm also in the minority that I don't measure transit quality on ridership so much as I do with as many interesting areas being intertwined with it and also operation hours. The later it's open the better but I don't think either could appeal to me there.

Also for the cuisines, my favorite foods after Thai have to be Peruvian and Panamanian. Why? They appreciate spice, as do I. I think I would get through well in Miami. Needless to say, Panamanian and Costa Rican culture are probably my favorite ones among Latin American culture and Miami has that in abundance. Also I would like to be in a place with few, if any, Asian Indians and without getting into specifics, let's just say their intrusive culture and values can stay far away from me the better.

Overall: Miami. I would only pick New York, Washington DC, Toronto, and Vancouver over or on the same scale with Miami in North America at this particular point.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 02-18-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City