Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:58 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Same culture, different city. The only big difference is that there aren't nearly as many Mexicans in NYC as LA or Chicago.
Their is a huge difference...

Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Los Angeles mexicans are extremely wealthy, they own businesses attend schools in Calabasas. There doing well out their well at least most of them. More wealthy and advanced then any other city in the country.
Bullcrap.

It's not the wealthy ones being *******s. It's the broke, gangbangers.
Besides, Houston and dfw have tons of wealthy Mexicans too, and like I said, they get along.

It's silly to imply that the wealthy Mexicans are the ones running blacks out of town. LA had what? 5million Mexicans? A small fraction of that are wealthy

Old 03-10-2013, 02:49 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Nope

Wait for it....

Bingo.!!!!

Anyway, it's not just Chicago, race relations between blacks and Mexicans throughout Texas are better than in LA.
They intermingle quite well in Houston and dfw
I could have worded it better. If we are speaking of Mexican Americans I do totally agree. I was think more of foreign born Mexicans.

As for comparing Mexican Americans in LA and Chicago, I think it's apples and oranges. Hispanics and African Americans in LA are much more integrated vs. Chicago where African-Americans and Hispanics are very segregated. With integration can come tension and that's been played out in LA to an extent.

I agree that African Americans and Mexicans seem to get along best in Texas as well as places like Denver better than anywhere else.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I could have worded it better. If we are speaking of Mexican Americans I do totally agree. I was think more of foreign born Mexicans.

As for comparing Mexican Americans in LA and Chicago, I think it's apples and oranges. Hispanics and African Americans in LA are much more integrated vs. Chicago where African-Americans and Hispanics are very segregated. With integration can come tension and that's been played out in LA to an extent.

I agree that African Americans and Mexicans seem to get along best in Texas as well as places like Denver better than anywhere else.
This is a good point.

I have definitely seen and heard racism from Mexican-Americans (usually 2nd generation) towards African-Americans in LA. Less so from recent immigrants and Central Americans, at least in my experience in my neighborhood.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Bullcrap.

It's not the wealthy ones being *******s. It's the broke, gangbangers.
Besides, Houston and dfw have tons of wealthy Mexicans too, and like I said, they get along.

It's silly to imply that the wealthy Mexicans are the ones running blacks out of town. LA had what? 5million Mexicans? A small fraction of that are wealthy
You never lived in Los Angeles if you did you would know almost all the richest mexicans in america live their, mexican celebrities, mexicans living in Malibu and on the beach. Yes Los Angeles has poor ones but most of the wealthiest mexicans live in Los Angeles than any other city. Just give it up, its true and i used to live their. Now houston has a bad reputation for poor mexicans.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:35 AM

If you guys lived in Los Angeles you would know that mexicans out their and the blacks are much more integrated, educated and even more bushy.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
If you guys lived in Los Angeles you would know that mexicans out their and the blacks are much more integrated, educated and even more bushy.
Bushy?

And just so you know, the correct usage is "there" not "their".

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM

170 posts, read 391,329 times
Only in LA do I hear about racist,gang related attacks from Mexicans thou

And its a few neighborhoods in Chicago where blacks and Mexicans co exist..humboult park,Rodgers park, back of the yards & Chicago lawn just to name a few

Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post
Only in LA do I hear about racist,gang related attacks from Mexicans thou

And its a few neighborhoods in Chicago where blacks and Mexicans co exist..humboult park,Rodgers park, back of the yards & Chicago lawn just to name a few
Honestly haven't heard much of this happening recently. It is the reputation of LA that this happens a lot, but I watch the local news a lot lately and can't recall an interracial gang-related attack this year.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Honestly haven't heard much of this happening recently. It is the reputation of LA that this happens a lot, but I watch the local news a lot lately and can't recall an interracial gang-related attack this year.
Not to post flamebait but here's a very recent one...

Gang member sentenced to 25 years, 4 months for hate crime | Our Weekly - African American News | Black News | Black Entertainment | Black America

Quote:
A 19-year-old Latino man was sentenced today to 25 years and four months in state prison for threatening a Black family in Glassell Park with a shotgun while shouting racial epithets.

Ivan Alquicira was convicted of three counts of assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of making terrorist threats, with enhancements for hate crimes, gang involvement and firearms possession.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephen Marcus ordered Alquicira to serve consecutive terms on each of the assault counts. Marcus stayed the sentence on the other two counts, ruling that Alquicira had the same criminal objective in making those threats as he did in assaulting his victims.

Alquicira yelled racial epithets and derogatory comments at the three victims—a man, a woman and her 7-year-old son—while standing on his apartment balcony in the 3100 block of Estara Avenue on the evening of March 26, according to Deputy District Attorney Amy Ashvanian.

He pointed a shotgun at the family—who had just come from the boy’s school—and then chased them when they ran from the scene in fear.

...In 2006, five members of Alquicira’s gang were convicted of federal hate crimes for a deadly campaign of attacks on Black residents meant to force them out of predominantly Latino Highland Park. Three Black men were killed in three separate attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City