Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Canada 98 36.98%
United States 167 63.02%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:08 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
"No strict separation of church and state"? How is that a positive?
The irony here is Canada has far less religious zealots and in my opinion the country as a whole is a much more live and let live society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
The irony here is Canada has far less religious zealots and in my opinion the country as a whole is a much more live and let live society.
and Canada has far less militant atheist zealots who don't sue government for observing Christian holidays, or for displaying public crosses.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:01 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Agreed and the US is much more of a religious cesspool that factors in to politics way more than it should for a country that has "strict separation of church and state". His / her comment regarding that being one of his / her 'pro Canada' bullet points is ridiculous.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 AM

44 posts, read 50,308 times
Hands down, USA.

Canada couldn't fight themselves out of a paper bag (esp without help from the US....we don'f need Canada to defend the United States Of America)

Canada doesn't even make their own vehicles.....hell, South Korea even does that...

Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,285,733 times
The US has probably 10 cities I would live in, Canada has 2. USA for me, I like having options.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:47 AM

340 posts, read 523,591 times
Unfortunate that a couple members felt the need to show up to this conversation looking to sling mud. So vain. We each love our own countries for our own reasons, but that doesn't give a green light to mock and slander the other, particularly in the low scale and fashion that's been displayed.

Guess that's why Canadian people are loved (and accepted) the world over, and so for that I'm proud to be Canadian, and would never consider giving up living in the safety and wonders of our land.

Had the poll provided a third option, that being the UK, I'd choose the UK, however, things in Canada would have to be grave and dire before I'd consider such a move.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
I pick Canada if for no other reason than easy access to those spiffy Mountie uniforms that I could wear on Halloween.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 AM

1,704 posts, read 3,440,935 times
It's funny how deeply the US misunderstands Canada. Oh wait sorry I meant it's really freaking annoying.

Canada would do just fine without our help. We are talking about a nation that is very similar in size and international importance to Australia.

Canada also has a higher QOL than the US according to most studies, and its residents are found to be happier on average. There's nothing wrong with preferring a US city, but to imply that Canada has nothing going for it in a topic about long-term living is silly.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
It's funny how deeply the US misunderstands Canada. Oh wait sorry I meant it's really freaking annoying.

Canada would do just fine without our help. We are talking about a nation that is very similar in size and international importance to Australia.

Canada also has a higher QOL than the US according to most studies, and its residents are found to be happier on average. There's nothing wrong with preferring a US city, but to imply that Canada has nothing going for it in a topic about long-term living is silly.
It's not that we think Canada has nothing going for it, but there's so much more diversity in the US. Rather it's Cities to live, Climates, Landscapes, Cultures, etc there is just simply more of that in the US.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,285,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
I agree, its also annoying on the flip side as well. Canadians think they understand the US but they have very little knowledge, outside of those who have lived in the country. Both sides are painfully ignorant.

Comparisons between entire countries as large and diverse as these two are ridiculous as well. The only reason I chose the US is because there are more cities I would live in as compared to Canada (Obviously its the more populous country) But that does not mean there are not some Canadian cities I would choose to move to over certain US cities. The country where they are located are completely inconsequential to me, outside of Federal Income tax rates and things of that nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City