Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why is the best NFL city?
Seattle 18 15.65%
San Francisco 2 1.74%
Washington D.C. 2 1.74%
Chicago 12 10.43%
Baltimore 4 3.48%
Kansas City 8 6.96%
New Orleans 3 2.61%
Atlanta 3 2.61%
New York 1 0.87%
Boston (New England) 4 3.48%
Green Bay 12 10.43%
Denver 14 12.17%
Other 32 27.83%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The new Cowboy Stadium has so many levels of suits that it breaks the crowd up quite a bit. That may contribute to the atmosphere not always being so great. Personally, I think the stadium is just alright.

Best Overall:
Philadelphia
Chicago
New England
Green Bay
Dallas
Denver

Worst Overall:
Miami
Jacksonville
Tampa
Oakland (their stadium puts them on here)
The amount of suckage for Miami suprises me for Miami. Before the 2000s, the Dolphins had a solid fanbase. But it's been a major decline since Shula left.

BTW, as much as I hate the skins, you have to put Washington up there in best overall. Great NFL city. Not a great all around football city. But for the NFL, solid across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The new Cowboy Stadium has so many levels of suits that it breaks the crowd up quite a bit. That may contribute to the atmosphere not always being so great. Personally, I think the stadium is just alright.

Best Overall:
Philadelphia
Chicago
New England
Green Bay
Dallas
Denver

Worst Overall:
Miami
Jacksonville
Tampa
Oakland (their stadium puts them on here)
Decent list

I think Pittsburgh should also be up there. I also hear great things about KC - never been to game there so cant comment

Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The amount of suckage for Miami suprises me for Miami. Before the 2000s, the Dolphins had a solid fanbase. But it's been a major decline since Shula left.

BTW, as much as I hate the skins, you have to put Washington up there in best overall. Great NFL city. Not a great all around football city. But for the NFL, solid across the board.
Skins - Great history and decent stadium - must say have been significantly un-impressed with the game festivities, the parking and vibe is lacking IMHO overall compared to some others - I would say the vibe at the Meadowlands or whatever it is now is better for the Giants than the vibe for the skins. The Jets seem a step down to me but this coming from a Giants hater so maybe that plays in (love and hate are both strong emotions)

Hevent been to the new Dallas stadium yet so can only go on the old one

And honestly I also think the game experience for the Eagles is quite good, bad rap and all - to me a great NFL city to experience (now I am always rooting for the home team at the Linc so maybe jaded)

Also very few NFL stadiums can be reached by Subway - think only Philly and Atlanta but could be wrong (chicago I suppose but not all that close really)

Last edited by kidphilly; 09-18-2013 at 12:36 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Washington D.C. is the only city where you don't have to win, are represented by a crazy local fan base, and make more money than everyone not named Dallas and I guess the Patriots now (really due to winning). Redskins fans are die hard and prove it with their wallets. Kind of hard to beat that.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:19 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Skins - Great history and decent stadium - must say have been significantly un-impressed with the game festivities, the parking and vibe is lacking IMHO overall compared to some others - I would say the vibe at the Meadowlands or whatever it is now is better for the Giants than the vibe for the skins. The Jets seem a step down to me but this coming from a Giants hater so maybe that plays in (love and hate are both strong emotions)

Hevent been to the new Dallas stadium yet so can only go on the old one

And honestly I also think the game experience for the Eagles is quite good, bad rap and all - to me a great NFL city to experience (now I am always rooting for the home team at the Linc so maybe jaded)

Also very few NFL stadiums can be reached by Subway - think only Philly and Atlanta but could be wrong (chicago I suppose but not all that close really)
The redskins stadium is reachable by Subway. It's a 10 minute walk from the station.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,771,649 times
Quote:

Seattle too. It's lightrail, but underground through downtown. Intl. District Station at the south end of the tunnel is next to CenturyLink Field.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,286,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Hideous uniforms and plastic turf. Nope.
Seattle is known as having the loudest stadium (sorry New Orleans) and being the toughest place to play currently in the NFL - in fact, they just broke the world's record for loudest sports stadium ever on Sunday and the Seahawks haven't lost a game there since December of 2011.

There is a very strong, dedicated fan base that has been supportive even during the Franchise's down years and generally a strong football culture in Seattle with the Seahakws and Huskies who also receive a ton of support (and also play in a very loud, newly-remodeled stadium).

Century Link is located near downtown and is easily accessible by the light-rail/subway with a large district of bars and restaurants adjacent to it. Game day in Pioneer Square is a sight to behold and it carries over into the energy of the stadium.

Obviously, the tradition and history are not there but if we are talking currently Seattle is up there near the top.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:28 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
The Oakland Coliseum has a BART station too. And an Amtrak station.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,810 times
I don't know how pittsburgh are not on that list. They have the most bandwagon fans in the country.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM

^^ Ok a few more than I thought. Seemingly much more common in other sports regardless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City