Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 01:58 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,970,037 times

Advertisements

Alphabetical order. Thrillist's 2013 review of their 33 favorite NEW restaurants of 2013/end-of-2012.

Austin
Qui

Boston
Bronwyn (Somerville, MA)

Charleston, SC
the Ordinary

Chicago
Mott Street
Dusek's

Dallas
Stampede 66

Denver
Old Major

Houston
the Past & Provisions
Underbelly

Los Angeles
Trois Mec
Allumette

Miami
Momi Ramen

Milwaukee
All Purpose

Minneapolis
World Street Kitchen

Nashville
Ralph and Daughter

New Orleans
Cleo's Cuisine & Convenience

New York
Luksus (Brooklyn)
Betony
Estela
Uncle Boon's

Philadelphia
Serpico

Pittsburgh
Bar Marco

Portland, ME
Eventide Oyster Company

Portland, OR
Levant

Saint Louis
Elaia and Olio

San Francisco
Coqueta
the Cavalier
TBD

Seattle
Il Corvo
RockCreek

Washington DC
Rose's Luxury

The Best Restaurant Openings of 2013 - America's Best New Restaurants - Thrillist Nation

Anyone been to any of these establishments to leave a review of their own? Which ones had the most unique experience?

LOL. Some of these places have spectacular names, "the Past & Provisions" or "Ralph and Daughter".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 07:11 PM

3,867 posts, read 5,292,845 times
I have been to Bronwyn in Boston and Eventide in Portland.

Bronwyn is an awesome spot that I stop in at regularly when in Boston. Excellent selection of Wurst and a brilliantly curated beer list. Everything poured in the proper glassware with a knowledgeable staff to point you in the right direction. Great spot in a really cool neighborhood in Somerville (Union Square). Also a nice albeit small beer garden is open in the warmer months.

Eventide is also excellent. Easily one of the best Seafood restaurants I have been to anywhere. Incredible Oyster selection, great selection of crudo plus one of the best Lobster Rolls you will taste in your life. Seriously an excellent place in a very underrated food city. Also the cocktails are great as well.

In Boston I could name some new openings that I would rank above Bronwyn, but they are by no means out of place on this list. Eventide is right where it should be, the best addition to Portland's already excellent dining scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City