Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 11:39 PM

2,896 posts, read 1,996,337 times

Advertisements

Orlando is more beautiful and has more to do, but it has some issues.

Mega sprawl
Heinous traffic near interesting stuff
Floridiots (yokel types)
No variation in weather! Hope you like summer
More violent crime

Some cons for Sacramento

Too much cold rain during winter/spring
Not very pretty outside a few spots
Not enough summer wind in most years
Occasional bone dry wind events from the north(firestarter and allergy wind)

Dry heat is a bonus, ignore that complaint.
Summer in Sacramento is one of the better things about it.

Bad air is easy to avoid.in Sacramento
Limit your time outside when your weather app says the air is unhealthy. That's it. Ignore that complaint, too

Two up and coming metros. You can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 07-10-2019 at 12:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 08:31 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
I would definitely pick Orlando over Sacramento.

I lived in Orlando for about a year and loved it. Soooo much more to do there than in Sacramento. More affordable. Close to Atlantic AND Gulf beaches. More lush/green/flora. Once you get north of the Florida Turnpike, you're removed from the tourist areas and Orlando looks and feels like other nice, growing Sunbelt cities with its pretty neighborhoods, lakes, and parks. As another poster said, too many people judge Orlando on perception and haven't really seen the whole area. I've been to Sacramento a few times. I don't dislike the area, I just think Orlando offers a lot more. overall

Old 07-11-2019, 10:53 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Orlando is a tourist town. Which means low wages, in already low wage Florida.

Sac is a government town, in expensive California.

The two are not comparable.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:18 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Orlando is a tourist town. Which means low wages, in already low wage Florida.

Sac is a government town, in expensive California.

The two are not comparable.
Only a very small section of the Orlando Metro can be considered "tourist town." The vast majority of it is a standard sunbelt city. Orlando's wages are on the "higher" side of the state.

Your post is incredibly misinformed.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:18 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Only a very small section of the Orlando Metro can be considered "tourist town." The vast majority of it is a standard sunbelt city. Orlando's wages are on the "higher" side of the state.

I lived in Orlando for a year and agree wholeheartedly. The national misconception is just astounding to me.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:23 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I lived in Orlando for a year and agree wholeheartedly. The national misconception is just astounding to me.
It's a lot worse on this site than IRL for some reason. Anytime I'm somewhere else in the US or world, most people have a pretty good perception of Orlando, even if they aren't familiar with much more than just the parks.

I gave up for many years in trying to defend/educate about Orlando..."you're right," I would say, "hotels, whales, a globe, and a mouse...bout sums it up (add in a couple swamps for good measure)".

Old 07-11-2019, 02:34 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,620,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
You guys are talking about misconceptions about Orlando but your post was loaded with misconceptions about Sacramento...

I have a former coworker who was a good friend, who relocated from Sac to Orlando (via Alabama), and she doesn't agree at all that there is "soooooo much more to do in Orlando"...

Old 07-11-2019, 02:46 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
You guys are talking about misconceptions about Orlando but your post was loaded with misconceptions about Sacramento...

I have a former coworker who was a good friend, who relocated from Sac to Orlando (via Alabama), and she doesn't agree at all that there is "soooooo much more to do in Orlando"...
Doesn't matter if she agrees or not, incorrect is still incorrect. That said I don't think misconceptions help this conversation.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:26 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Within the city limits and/or immediate area. Orlando probably has more.

Within 2-3 hours drive, Sacramento probably has more.

Generally hard to compare other than mild/snowless winters and HOT summers.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:20 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

No, you just do not understand what people mean when they say "tourist town".

A town like Orlando, where Leisure and Hospitality are the largest industries, is a "tourist town". That is why Walt Disney and Universal Studios are among the largest employers.

Like most of Florida, Orlando's median family income is lower than the national average.

Not that hard to comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City