Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2024, 12:45 PM

2,572 posts, read 2,915,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Yeah you're right. My apologies. Between Charles Town WV and Easton MD I pick Easton. Augusta GA or Columbus GA?
Augusta... Not super familiar with either city and they appear to be pretty similar demographically, but Augusta's metro is notably larger so I think there'd be more opportunity there.

Portland, ME or Grand Rapids, MI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2024, 06:45 AM

4,442 posts, read 4,354,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Augusta... Not super familiar with either city and they appear to be pretty similar demographically, but Augusta's metro is notably larger so I think there'd be more opportunity there.

Portland, ME or Grand Rapids, MI?
Portland ME for me. Yeah it’s a smaller metro area than Grand Rapids but I much prefer its location scenery and urban amenities. IMO it punches above its weight in many ways.

Bar Harbor ME or Alexandria Bay NY?

Old 05-21-2024, 09:08 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,266,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Portland ME for me. Yeah it’s a smaller metro area than Grand Rapids but I much prefer its location scenery and urban amenities. IMO it punches above its weight in many ways.

Bar Harbor ME or Alexandria Bay NY?
Bar Harbor because it's bigger. Binghamton NY or Utica NY?

Old 05-24-2024, 09:27 AM

356 posts, read 162,693 times
While I think I like Utica's location better situated in the i90 corridor between Syracuse and the Capital Region, I think I'd go with Binghamton in this scenario due to the large SUNY presence and not to mention their AA Mets team. The Susquehanna River is also solid river to have as an everyday backdrop.

Wilmington NC or Virginia Beach, VA?

Old 05-24-2024, 09:53 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Wilmington NC or Virginia Beach, VA?
Wilmington because it's smaller, slower paced, and has more historic charm.

Ravenna, Ohio or Venice, Florida?

Old 05-25-2024, 07:43 PM

6,445 posts, read 5,114,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Wilmington because it's smaller, slower paced, and has more historic charm.

Ravenna, Ohio or Venice, Florida?
Ravenna, I prefer the Cleveland-Akron area over SW Florida. Though I'd take the Ravenna neighborhood of Seattle over either -- and I'd prefer both Ravenna, OH and Venice, FL over Rome, NY or Rome, GA.

Cologne, MN or Berlin, CT?

Old 05-25-2024, 08:05 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,266,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Ravenna, I prefer the Cleveland-Akron area over SW Florida. Though I'd take the Ravenna neighborhood of Seattle over either -- and I'd prefer both Ravenna, OH and Venice, FL over Rome, NY or Rome, GA.

Cologne, MN or Berlin, CT?
Cologne. Would rather be close to Minneapolis than Hartford. Enid OK or Grand Island NE?

Old 05-25-2024, 08:24 PM

9,733 posts, read 9,517,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Cologne. Would rather be close to Minneapolis than Hartford. Enid OK or Grand Island NE?
Grand Island, NE over OK. The area is well kept and has easy highway access. I would enjoy being close to Lincoln and Omaha areas. I like nature and the Crane Trust Nature Center is really pretty. I like that it serves as the commercial center for a rural area.

Anderson, IN or Columbia, TN?

Old 05-27-2024, 08:52 PM

4,442 posts, read 4,354,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Grand Island, NE over OK. The area is well kept and has easy highway access. I would enjoy being close to Lincoln and Omaha areas. I like nature and the Crane Trust Nature Center is really pretty. I like that it serves as the commercial center for a rural area.

Anderson, IN or Columbia, TN?
I’ll give the edge to Columbia TN. The downtown seems to be nicer and the surrounding area is more scenic and seems to have more growing.

Lexington KY or Des Moines IA?

Old 05-27-2024, 10:32 PM

14,360 posts, read 9,255,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I’ll give the edge to Columbia TN. The downtown seems to be nicer and the surrounding area is more scenic and seems to have more growing.

Lexington KY or Des Moines IA?
Lexington has UK, granted, but Ames is now a Des Moines suburb, and you will find Iowa State there. Horse country is also beautiful, but I gotta stick up for the Midwest's mid-sized cities, which as a class are all very nice. Make it Des Moines for me.

Lexington, Ky., or Lexington, Mass.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City