Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 05:26 PM

409 posts, read 334,024 times

Advertisements

Lexington KY. I don't hear much about the city so it probably would fascinate me to visit there one day in my life than Roanoke even though I've never been there either. I've been to VA couple times already though so yeah.

Rockville MD or White Plains NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 06:36 PM

9,682 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
Lexington KY. I don't hear much about the city so it probably would fascinate me to visit there one day in my life than Roanoke even though I've never been there either. I've been to VA couple times already though so yeah.

Rockville, MD.

Hendersonville, TN or Hendersonville, NC?

Old 04-05-2019, 06:37 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post

White Plains, I wouldn't say no to living in Westchester County and the new Tappan Zee bridge is a big improvement for the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Rockville, MD.

Hendersonville, TN or Hendersonville, NC?
Hendersonville because I prefer NC and close to Asheville.

Clifton Park, NY or West Hartford, CT?

Old 04-05-2019, 07:22 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post

Clifton Park, NY or West Hartford, CT?

Clifton Park. I much prefer Upstate NY to any part of CT.

Pittsburgh, PA or Portland, ME?

Old 04-05-2019, 11:12 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Portland, ME is actually a city I plan to eventually live in part-time, I think it is really that special. Pittsburgh is nice but I do not have any such plans. Yet, if I had to choose one city to live in full-time, Pittsburgh would be the one. Much more of a well-rounded city for obvious reasons.

Indianapolis v Jacksonville

Old 04-06-2019, 05:37 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post

Indianapolis v Jacksonville

This one is tough. I went to school in Indiana and have no intention in returning to the Midwest, particularly Indiana. Indianapolis is underrated to an extent. Regardless, it is not my cup of tea. Florida is also not my cup of tea as a place to live, but at least it has some outdoor recreation advantages, like access to water and outdoor weather year-round.
So, Jacksonville.

Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 04-06-2019, 06:04 AM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
This one is tough. I went to school in Indiana and have no intention in returning to the Midwest, particularly Indiana. Indianapolis is underrated to an extent. Regardless, it is not my cup of tea. Florida is also not my cup of tea as a place to live, but at least it has some outdoor recreation advantages, like access to water and outdoor weather year-round.
So, Jacksonville.

Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA?
Closer than it might seem, IMO.

Both cities have great food scenes, though Chicago's remains on a plane above Philadelphia's. They both have very lively city centers. Chicago has a dynamite lakefront with the best urban beaches in the country (edited to add: yeah, I just slighted Venice Beach. So there); Philadelphia has its Schuylkill riverside, surrounded by the park that protected the early city's water supply and connected to what may be the best urban wilds in the country. Their cultural institutions are on par with each other. Chicago's rapid transit network is more extensive; Philly's regional rail network, denser and more frequent throughout the day.

Both cities are legendary for their corrupt politics. Both also have winter, which is a positive in my book. But I will allow that I prefer merely cold to frostbitten. On that last score, Philadelphia by a hair.

I may have asked this already, this game has been going on for so long:

Kansas City or St. Louis?

Old 04-06-2019, 09:22 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Both cities have great food scenes, though Chicago's remains on a plane above Philadelphia's. They both have very lively city centers. Chicago has a dynamite lakefront with the best urban beaches in the country (edited to add: yeah, I just slighted Venice Beach. So there); Philadelphia has its Schuylkill riverside, surrounded by the park that protected the early city's water supply and connected to what may be the best urban wilds in the country. Their cultural institutions are on par with each other. Chicago's rapid transit network is more extensive; Philly's regional rail network, denser and more frequent throughout the day.

Both cities are legendary for their corrupt politics. Both also have winter, which is a positive in my book. But I will allow that I prefer merely cold to frostbitten. On that last score, Philadelphia by a hair.

Kansas City. An underrated city/metro, IMO.

Phoenix, AZ or Tampa, FL?

Old 04-06-2019, 09:24 AM

9,682 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Kansas City. It is a better city overall.

Fresno, CA or Wilmington, DE?

Old 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM

10,750 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Phoenix, AZ or Tampa, FL?
Phoenix as Arizona has a more compatible vibe for me, sometimes and I miss living in the Southwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Kansas City. It is a better city overall.

Fresno, CA or Wilmington, DE?
Both places have their share of hard knocks, but I like the location of Wilmington, DE so I could make the right neighborhood work there.

Philadelphia or Boston?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City