Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,804,465 times

Advertisements

OK people. hands down...which would be the perfect place to migrate to and start fresh...Lets compare Cost of Living/Location/etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM

415 posts, read 1,209,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
OK people. hands down...which would be the perfect place to migrate to and start fresh...Lets compare Cost of Living/Location/etc.
Charlotte!! Definitly its not so hot awesome economy and plenty of things to do n tha area! also check out tha Epicentre lots of clubs, shopping, fine dinnig! all in the center city!

Epicentre Rendering

http://www.premierestate.net/images/charlotte-epicentre.jpg (broken link)

TONS OF PEOPLE at the Epicentre Theater

its pure fun pro football pro basketball pro hockey tons of things to do!!

Last edited by stefansanity; 10-16-2009 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 AM

174 posts, read 403,752 times
You really need to help us understand what you are looking for. Everybody has a different idea of perfect.

From my point of view, I do not know enough about Tucson to comment on it, but I know Charlotte very well. I relocated here 10 years ago, after researching the entire country.

I chose it based on it's proximity to outdoor recreation, cleanliness, growth potential and city aspirartions. I have not been disappointed. I would say that the VAST majority of transplants (we have a lot) are very pleased with their new home.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Look homey. I understand that you want out of Charlotte (heck, I left at age 17 and spent most of my time away up until I turned 27). With that said, you should move elsewhere to see what it is like outside of Charlotte. From what I can tell by reading many of your posts, you are a single black 38 y/o female raised in Charlotte. That is far toooooo long to be living in one city IMO.

However, the reasons for you wanting to leave Charlotte (high cost of living, increased job competition, high number of transplants) are the same things you will find in fast growing Arizona (the state that seems to be your favorite). I would suggest that you up and move to Arizona so you will not have to wonder any more. You may LOVE IT!!! You may hate it. Who knows? One thing is for sure. The sooner we get you out of Charlotte, the sooner your negative Charlotte threads will stop.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-16-2009 at 12:22 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Look homey. I understand that you want out of Charlotte (heck, I left at age 17 and spent most of time away up until I turned 27). With that said, you should move elsewhere to see what it is like outside of Charlotte. From what I can tell by reading many of your posts, you are a single black 38 y/o felmale raised in Charlotte. That is far toooooo long to be living in one city IMO.

However, the reasons for you wanting to leave Charlotte (high cost of living, increased job competition, high number of transplants) are the same things you will find in fast growing Arizona (the state that seems to be your favorite). I would suggest that you up and move to Arizona so you will not have to wonder any more. You may LOVE IT!!! You may hate it. Who knows? One thing is for sure. The sooner we get you out of Charlotte, the sooner your negative Charlotte threads will stop.
AMEN, couldn't have said it any better! This is getting old. I mean, if Charlotte is so dreadful and miserable, then why not leave, why stay in a place that you hate so much?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:20 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,544 times
I second that.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,967,958 times
Wow, and there was actually no slamming of Charlotte by the OP in this thread. Seems like a lot of overreaction. Whatever the poster may have said in other threads, the opening statement in this one presents a legitimate discussion of a choice between two cities and does not bash one or the other.

I've been to both cities, and I prefer Charlotte. It IS ok to talk about the topic in here, right? Don't want anybody to accuse me of being "negative" in here like the OP just got accused of being negative for merely asking a question.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Wow, and there was actually no slamming of Charlotte by the OP in this thread. Seems like a lot of overreaction. Whatever the poster may have said in other threads, the opening statement in this one presents a legitimate discussion of a choice between two cities and does not bash one or the other.

I've been to both cities, and I prefer Charlotte. It IS ok to talk about the topic in here, right? Don't want anybody to accuse me of being "negative" in here like the OP just got accused of being negative for merely asking a question.
MantaRay, you haven't seen a lot of this OP's posts on other threads like a lot of other people (mainly Charlotte folks) have, and this has nothing to do with this particular post. This person has a track record of slamming Charlotte, then in a roundabout way, starts a post about Charlotte where it is an attempt to display her hatred for Charlotte. I've been noticing that for the last month or so, so no this isn't an overreaction from Charlotte folks, this has been the OP's track record on here and on the Charlotte forums. OP has made it perfectly clear that she hates Charlotte and then goes out and start threads where she tries to stir the pot and get others to side with her. No, I'm not from Charlotte, but I have noticed that from this individual for quite some time on here and on the Charlotte forums.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:22 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Look homey. I understand that you want out of Charlotte (heck, I left at age 17 and spent most of my time away up until I turned 27). With that said, you should move elsewhere to see what it is like outside of Charlotte. From what I can tell by reading many of your posts, you are a single black 38 y/o female raised in Charlotte. That is far toooooo long to be living in one city IMO.

FYI - Tucson actually has a pretty low cost of living. In addition, even though Tucson gets hot in the summer, it's not nearly as hot as Phoenix and the dry heat balances out the humidity you'll find in Charlotte.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:36 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,859,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post

You know I'm quite level-headed about my city and I've got to say that the reaction is pretty much warranted. You've got to know something about the OP's track record to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City