Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better Nightlife as of 2012?
Atlanta 27 56.25%
DC 21 43.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:45 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,473,443 times

Advertisements

I live in downtown so if I wana go to west LA i'll take the metro and then Uber and I will Uber back from the bar/club i'm at. The Majority of people I know in LA use Uber for transpiration on nights of drinking, I'm guessing this is the same for Atlanta(this was even the case in DC when I lived there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 11:50 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanyankee View Post
part of it is that more people live in urban, walkable areas. Another part of it is that for even people who don't, once you're in the city, everything is closer together. That's what i mean by the setup. I like dc's setup better. There is nothing like u street in metro atlanta where you can bounce around from place to place to place walking. So even if i don't like many of the places i can walk to in dc, i still appreciate the fact i can walk there rather than having to get in a car.
+2

Old 10-23-2015, 12:33 PM

164 posts, read 170,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
+2
Have some of you people even been to Atlanta? Edgewood, Crescent St, the Buckhead Triangle, Virgina Highland all have a dozen or more bars and are walkable.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:01 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
I live in downtown so if I wana go to west LA i'll take the metro and then Uber and I will Uber back from the bar/club i'm at. The Majority of people I know in LA use Uber for transpiration on nights of drinking, I'm guessing this is the same for Atlanta(this was even the case in DC when I lived there).
Yeah, all these people in DC talking about using Metro when they go out need to stop. While I'm sure there are people who do, the majority are going to be using taxis/uber/their own vehicles just like every where else.

NYC is the only city where you can effectively do that, and even there most people taxi or uber when going out.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:37 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Yeah, all these people in DC talking about using Metro when they go out need to stop. While I'm sure there are people who do, the majority are going to be using taxis/uber/their own vehicles just like every where else.

NYC is the only city where you can effectively do that, and even there most people taxi or uber when going out.
Ewww. Please tell me Uber hasn't become a verb.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:09 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
How would someone use MARTA to go out if it closes at 1am? People use Metro in DC and MTA in NY because they are still open when you leave the club. The last trains leave DC at 3am on Friday and Saturday and get to the end of the lines around 3:30-3:40 a.m. NYC's subway is open 24 hrs. DC and NYC are the only cities in the U.S. I believe that have their entire system open to take at 3 a.m. so no matter where you live, even far out in the suburbs, you can still take the train home which people mainly do in DC. Trains are packed like rush hour on Friday and Saturday nights.
Last train is at 3am what if they have to connect trains they possibly could miss that last connecting train. The only way one can use train in DC late at night is they would have to leave at 2 am.

Most people in DC drive everywhere on the weekend when they go out

Old 10-23-2015, 09:28 PM

1,351 posts, read 884,069 times
Why is the term "urban" associated with black people?

Old 10-23-2015, 11:59 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,473,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
Why is the term "urban" associated with black people?
LOL ummmm where did this comment even come from?
A large amount of black americans live in cities and urban areas whereas a large amount of whites live in the suburbs, idk just a guess.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:06 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Last train is at 3am what if they have to connect trains they possibly could miss that last connecting train. The only way one can use train in DC late at night is they would have to leave at 2 am.

Most people in DC drive everywhere on the weekend when they go out
The only people who drive in DC for nightlife are us suburbanites for the most part, that or we just Metro into The City. Me and my friends just take the Metro from Branch Ave, plus it's always great to take advantage of free Park-N-Ride weekend parking, so why fight for tight parking space in The City? Washingtonians for the most part either walk, bike, Uber/Lyft, cab, or ride the bus to their nightlife destinations without even touching their car (if they have one). Coupled this, along with the cohesive layout of DC's nightlife neighborhoods/centers laid-out with an excellent transportation network of heavy rail, designated-bicycle, and bus, BajanYankee is right in his saying of DC being a balancing mix between New York and ATL.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:59 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Ewww. Please tell me Uber hasn't become a verb.
It has happened: Uber is a verb now. Usually these type of things annoy me too, but I love Uber so it is ok with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City