Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 11:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,725,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Quite a few.. I worked with people that lived in ORL and commuted to Tampa.. so it's one metro area then.. case solved. 7+ mil..

Niagara falls is right next to the Canadian border though.. Detroit Windsor is a better example and El Paso/Juarez..practically next to each other..
How many exactly though? I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than commute between San Diego and Tijuana.

Ok, I'd be willing to guess those cities also have a lot of cross border activity as well and I have no issue with them being looked at as one continuous metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 11:17 AM

8,653 posts, read 10,183,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Quite a few.. I worked with people that lived in ORL and commuted to Tampa.. so it's one metro area then.. case solved. 7+ mil..

Niagara falls is right next to the Canadian border though.. Detroit Windsor is a better example and El Paso/Juarez..practically next to each other..
Wow, you must know quite a few people then. There would have to be more than quite a few people for ORL and Tampa to even be considered a CSA. Try again in your next life.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:23 PM

699 posts, read 612,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Wow, you must know quite a few people then. There would have to be more than quite a few people for ORL and Tampa to even be considered a CSA. Try again in your next life.
At 1.5 hours, Tampa to Orlando is actually faster than Tijuana-San Diego, average by car there is at least 2 hours crossing that border.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
At 1.5 hours, Tampa to Orlando is actually faster than Tijuana-San Diego, average by car there is at least 2 hours crossing that border.
Why are you telling me this? I did not mention anything about Tijuana.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Actually the highest average wait time is Monday at 7am and its only 61 minutes, all other times are less to cross the border during a weekday morning commute. With a Sentri pass, which a lot of regular commuters have, the max average time is 20 minutes. So no Tampa to Orlando is still not faster.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Why are you telling me this? I did not mention anything about Tijuana.
Why not? Since Trigger brought up Orlando in response to San Diego-Tijuana. Do pay attention, and no one needs or wants your attitude.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Actually the highest average wait time is Monday at 7am and its only 61 minutes, all other times are less to cross the border during a weekday morning commute. With a Sentri pass the max average time is 20 minutes. So no Tampa to Orlando is still not faster.
I crossed that border a million times, and I remember being happy if it was under 2 hours. Many times I waited over 3 hours. I don't know where you get those figures.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I crossed that border a million times, and I remember being happy if it was under 2 hours. Many times I waited over 3 hours. I don't know where you get those figures.
And when was this? They've made a lot of improvements over the years.

Border crossing wait times for San Ysidro (Tijuana) - Graphs

Old 12-17-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Why not? Since Trigger brought up Orlando in response to San Diego-Tijuana. Do pay attention, and no one needs or wants your attitude.
There seems to be quite a few things being lost in translation in this thread. (???) I've been simply providing some factual information based upon being told by you that I had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently, a couple of you are choosing to ignore that.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
And when was this? They've made a lot of improvements over the years.

Border crossing wait times for San Ysidro (Tijuana) - Graphs
I don't know what to make of "Current wait 40 minutes, User Reported 1 hour 13 mins", so at 10 am Pacific time, just the border crossing takes about the same time it takes you to drive from Tampa to Orlando. That doesn't take into account it's still about a 20 minute drive from San Ysidro to downtown San Diego, and 40+ minutes to North County. So the current travel time at 10am Thursday is longer than Tampa to Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City