Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 07:09 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I wouldn't dream of trying to sell something like that to most Americans. QOL to a majority of Americans is about house size, cars and stuff. I prefer public spaces and community, which is why I'm willing to take a smaller place over a big house.
I have heard that before. I wonder how it works in real life if most people are given a choice.

Different strokes, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,014 times
Large Cities:
Minneapolis/St. Paul: Great economy, wide variety of housing, known for great health care and education.
Denver: great economy, a massive hospital campus, low crime for a major city, outdoors options, very clean, very nice neighborhoods, great airport that is cheap with a massive variety of flights, lots of transit investment
Salt Lake City: great economy, great neighborhoods, University of Utah is a great university, great health care, recreation, great downtown, lots of transit investment
Boston: not been there but is known for great economy, health care and education
I am sure Seattle and Portland are way up there also.

I would say for medium cities:
Des Moines, Iowa
Madison, Wisconsin
Reno, Nevada
Lexington, Kentucky
Omaha, Nebraska

I would say for smaller cities:
Bismarck, North Dakota
Rochester, Minnesota
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Fort Collins, Colorado
Provo-Orem, Utah

Old 03-12-2016, 06:32 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Given those parameters, I'm surprised that Cleveland didn't make the list, at least with a higher ranking than Detroit (Wayne County) and St. Louis.

Cleveland (Cuyahoga County) didn't even make this list.

St. Louis named murder capital of the U.S. | FOX2now.com

Cultural institutions in Cleveland are on a very high level, superior to those in Detroit and easily arguable that they are superior to those in St. Louis, and several other cities on the list.

Cleveland is one of the top medical centers in the world, as home both of the renown Cleveland Clinic and also of the University Hospitals system.

Cleveland's Case Western Reserve is the 37th-ranked national university by U.S. News & World Report.

Cleveland has better mass transit than several cities on that list, especially Detroit.
We know you're surprised...

Why do so many Cleveland posters keep doing this nonsense lately?

Old 03-12-2016, 06:34 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
True, if you have a lot of money. The best parts of the cities you listed are unbelievably pricey.
This is true in most major cities... obviously...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City