Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 11:43 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
That's cool and all being halfway to Columbus, but nowhere in the Cleveland MSA or even CSA would I describe as "some of the best rural areas in the US."
IMO, the worthless subjective opinion of someone who ranks Buffalo above Cleveland because it has an NFL franchise, but no MLB or NBA franchise as does Cleveland, and because Buffalo has a 4 a.m. last call instead of the 2 a.m. last call in Cleveland.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...s-buffalo.html

Old 05-29-2016, 05:08 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
IMO, the worthless subjective opinion of someone who ranks Buffalo above Cleveland because it has an NHL franchise, but no MLB or NBA franchise as does Cleveland, and because Buffalo has a 4 a.m. last call instead of the 2 a.m. last call in Cleveland.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...s-buffalo.html
What does what I said in another thread have to do with me saying nowhere in the Cleveland MSA/CSA has some of the best rural areas in the US? Who would buy this nonsense?

Yes, I did rank rank Buffalo above Cleveland because I value flavor over size. When Cleveland or Ohio in general gets somewhat of an identity, then you can sue me.

Clevelanders tried downplaying Buffalo's last call in that thread because they couldn't claim it. On the other hand, if Cleveland's last call was 4am, you guys would throw it around every time nightlife came into a discussion in any thread.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 05-29-2016 at 06:07 AM..

Old 05-29-2016, 05:23 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Why does it seem there have been an uptick in threads that are underhanded ways of saying "Cleveland is the best choice out of this undesirable lot."
Exactly.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:59 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,822,570 times
Quote:
What does what I said in another thread have to do with me saying nowhere in the Cleveland MSA/CSA has some of the best rural areas in the US? Who would buy this nonsense?

Yes, I did rank rank Buffalo above Cleveland because I value flavor over size. When Cleveland or Ohio in general gets somewhat of an identity, then you can sue me.

Clevelanders tried downplaying Buffalo's last call in that thread because they couldn't claim it. On the other hand, if Cleveland's last call was 4am, you guys would throw it around every time nightlife came into a discussion in any thread.
Seriously these Cleveland boosters are terrible. They need to get to reality, they have a great city in its own right and tier, but it's an afterthought for most people.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
My point was that your posts in the linked thread demonstrated decisively that you aren't a very objective poster. Others can read the thread and see if I'm correct in my conclusion.

I posted links showing that the likes of the National Geographic view the pastoral rolling
Allegheny foothills as world-class, but that is "nonsense" to the likes of you.

Quote:
You're just another of the Cleveland-bashing trolls who get their feathers ruffled when we refuse to concede that the likes of Buffalo is superior to Cleveland, a laughable assertion for anybody who knows anything about the two cities.

Cleveland is a highly spiced city compared to a salty Buffalo, to use your analogy.

It's been recognized as a top destination, even among global options.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...cleveland.html

Oh, yeah, while many Americans couldn't even name the top NHL hockey players, LeBron James is one of the most recognized athletes in the world. He just signed a $1 billion Nike contract.

And nobody wastes their time suing idiots.

Quote:
Heck, Cleveland has an open container, "To Go" law in its downtown, with its great entertainment/dining districts that have no peers in downtown Buffalo. I rarely mention it, as I don't think it's that meaningful. Does Buffalo have a similar law?

An open container law may be a more meaningful drinking privilege for those partying between establishments than a 4 a.m. call, which likely matters most to drunks, in my experience.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:57 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,667,412 times
What do all of these random comments unrelated to weather bashing Cleveland have to do with this thread anyways? Goodness... Some people really need to get a life.

As for TonyNY's comment on the Pew poll, based on the way it was asked, I'm
actually quite shocked that it was as close as it was 66/33... If it had been, do you prefer 30 degrees or 95 degrees, that tells me it may have been even closer.

But even someone like me, who enjoys seasons and doesn't enjoy overly hot temps, would say that a 75 or so degree day is preferable on avg. to a 30 degree one. Very few will debate that.

Quote:
My point was that your posts in the linked thread demonstrated decisively that you aren't a very objective poster. Others can read the thread and see if I'm correct in my conclusion.

I posted links showing that the likes of the National Geographic view the pastoral rolling
Allegheny foothills as world-class, but that is "nonsense" to the likes of you.

You're just another of the Cleveland-bashing trolls who get their feathers ruffled when we refuse to concede that the likes of Buffalo is superior to Cleveland, a laughable assertion for anybody who knows anything about the two cities.

Cleveland is a highly spiced city compared to a salty Buffalo, to use your analogy.

It's been recognized as a top destination, even among global options.

Oh, yeah, while many Americans couldn't even name the top NHL hockey players, LeBron James is one of the most recognized athletes in the world. He just signed a $1 billion Nike contract.

And nobody wastes their time suing idiots.

Heck, Cleveland has an open container, "To Go" law in its downtown, with its great entertainment/dining districts that have no peers in downtown Buffalo. I rarely mention it, as I don't think it's that meaningful. Does Buffalo have a similar law?

An open container law may be a more meaningful drinking privilege for those partying between establishments than a 4 a.m. call, which likely matters most to drunks, in my experience.
Seriously just stop. So damn desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Seriously these Cleveland boosters are terrible. They need to get to reality, they have a great city in its own right and tier, but it's an afterthought for most people.
Wrong:

Yeah, there is no LeBron James and no Republican Naitonal Convention drawing international attention to Cleveland.

Cleveland certainly is an "ugly duckling" that gets trampled on by troll bashers in the C-D forum, who reach ridiculous conclusions such as Buffalo is superior to Cleveland, and then when they are forced to face reality, join the list of psychologically fractured team of Cleveland-bashing trolls.

Cleveland's troll bashers are demonstrably ignorant. Devoid of facts, they continue a rant based on their imagined superior objectivity (NOT!), and attack Cleveland defenders, often employing straw man arguments and insults devoid of substance.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Wrong:

Yeah, there is no LeBron James and no Republican Naitonal Convention drawing international attention to Cleveland.

Cleveland certainly is an "ugly duckling" that gets trampled on by troll bashers in the C-D forum, who reach ridiculous conclusions such as Buffalo is superior to Cleveland, and then when they are forced to face reality, join the list of psychologically fractured team of Cleveland bashing trolls.

Cleveland's troll bashers are demonstrably ignorant. Devoid of facts, they continue a rant based on their imagined superior objectivity (NOT!), and attack Cleveland defenders, often employing straw man arguments.
Oh that's right because no other city has hosted the RNC....you think now because you are hosting the RNC you are relevant?! Outside of Ohio most people couldn't tell you anything about Cleveland other than Lebron plays there, you guys have a horrid football team, and subpar baseball team. Hasn't it been like 50 years since Cleveland won any type of championship?! Not even in sports has the city been making history. It's a has been city with a cool urban vibe and cool architecture. I think Cleveland is better than buffalo but really that's not saying much....I think people attack Cleveland here because of the boosters you all make it seem like it's more important than it is.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:06 AM

This article mentions that Cleveland and its people tend to have low self esteem and insecurities to their city: Biggest blow from United hub loss could be to Cleveland's self-confidence, tourism leader says | cleveland.com

Anyway. Cleveland is an average city with crappy winters like the rest of the midwest who cares.

Weak, flights to your city are declining too!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City