Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Preference for?
the Chicago metropolis 120 29.93%
the San Francisco Bay Area 129 32.17%
the Toronto metropolis 57 14.21%
the Washington D.C. metropolis 59 14.71%
Tie 5 1.25%
None of the above 31 7.73%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:35 AM

153 posts, read 164,000 times

Advertisements

Some Chicago Vibrancy.
Attached Thumbnails
Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-along-rush-st-chicago_____.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-looking-up-n-michigan-ave______.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-state-st-loop-chicago___.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-looking-into-loop_______.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-south-state-st-chicgo-varied-architecture___.jpg  

Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-shycraper-canyon-chicago____.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-looking-into-look-river______.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-chicagoscnew-east-side_____.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-michigan-ave-north__.jpg   Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-lasallle-st-chicago-showing-chicgo-board  

Last edited by UScityUrbanCores; 11-23-2016 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 03:02 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,240,543 times
Nice panoramic skyline shot of Toronto

Toronto Skyline by steveve photostream #1, on Flickr

Old 11-24-2016, 07:16 PM

141 posts, read 133,563 times
San Francisco is the most globally famous.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
San Francisco is the most globally famous.
mmmm I think SF won the poll. We did not need a announcement. But I highlighted Chicago's 2nd placing in this thread. still significant and a Top Core and downtown in the nation. No one is saying SF should not win. Silicon Valley is too hard to beat in the SF MSA.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:22 PM

615 posts, read 599,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UScityUrbanCores View Post
mmmm I think SF won the poll. We did not need a announcement. But I highlighted Chicago's 2nd placing in this thread. still significant and a Top Core and downtown in the nation. No one is saying SF should not win. Silicon Valley is too hard to beat in the SF MSA.
Lol people care about the polls? They are meaningless fanboyism rife with fake accounts and confirmation bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
Nice panoramic skyline shot of Toronto

Toronto Skyline by steveve photostream #1, on Flickr
Gonna be back in a few weeks, very excited

You guys have better taken care of the city while I've been away.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
Lol people care about the polls? They are meaningless fanboyism rife with fake accounts and confirmation bias.

Gonna be back in a few weeks, very excited

You guys have better taken care of the city while I've been away.
Last time I read in closed Toronto vs. Threads? You were a Toronto fanboy who calls Toronto home. I am merely a fan of Chicago as a favorite city. Had relatives there. Try to visit yearly. Always impressed with improvements others call still declines. But if you have something constructive too add? I shaw return the favor if tour post links that my give a Toronto a win? Few do but on livability which surely is Something.

I do not lessen a city on C-D . All deserve good happenings and surveys to votes on attributes in their cities favor. Chicago always rates high unless crime and weather and to some location are in the mix. Without that it conforms well.
By the way, there is a Toronto 2025 thread in the Toronto forum. It is for boasting new projects transforming your city. Surely utilize it to praise your city with others. Hope you enjoyed my pictures of Chicago vitality and streetwise and green space.
Attached Thumbnails
Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-over-downtown-chicago..__.jpg  

Last edited by UScityUrbanCores; 11-24-2016 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-24-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Last time I read in closed Toronto vs. Threads? You were a Toronto fanboy who calls Toronto home. I am merely a fan of Chicago as a favorite city. Had relatives there. Try to visit yearly. Always impressed with improvements others call still declines. But if you have something constructive too add? I shaw return the favor if tour post links that my give a Toronto a win? Few do but on livability which surely is Something.

I do not lessen a city on C-D . All deserve good happenings and surveys to votes on attributes in their cities favor. Chicago always rates high unless crime and weather and to some location are in the mix. Without that it conforms well.
By the way, there is a Toronto 2025 thread in the Toronto forum. It is for boasting new projects transforming your city. Surely utilize it to praise your city with others. Hope you enjoyed my pictures of Chicago vitality and streetwise and green space.
This is a city vs city thread, if you don't come in here expecting punches to be thrown then I guess avoid these threads? What's the point if everyone is a winner and gets an award for participation?

Out of all these cities if I were purely a tourist I would visit Chicago, SF, and DC, before I would visit Toronto. However I would live in Toronto over Chicago, SF, and DC (in that order).

Chicago seems like a great city to visit and would probably exceed my current expectations for it. But I don't think I would ever choose to live in Chicago over Toronto.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
You did not post positive on Toronto. But realize PUNCHES is not a welcome counter-opinion if all that is ones aim in passive/aggressive post. But most welcome and respect FAR MORE, positives on a city then as you call punches. Seems like Torontonians way? Not all but some.

No one says keep the punches coming to another city tot boast for or boost yours Sorry, Pictures all can enjoy though.
No it's not the "Torontonians way", there has been plenty of Toronto bashing in this thread too by others.

If you think your city is the best and other people disagree with you, they will tell you why they think it's not the best. If this then offends you, you're in the wrong thread.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
No it's not the "Torontonians way", there has been plenty of Toronto bashing in this thread too by others.

If you think your city is the best and other people disagree with you, they will tell you why they think it's not the best. If this then offends you, you're in the wrong thread.
I never say Chicago is BEST. But I stand By its great points and offerings. You should take a HIGH ROAD and not then act like a Toronto basher? You HATE. Doing it to your city. Stick to positives on your city and no need to start a punching match? I either post positives on a city or defend it by PUNCHES AIMED AT BASHING.
My last post on the trivial.

Again take it to private messages as not to be told we are bickering and off topic. Good night.
Mr. Burns. Have a Chicago Dog. I had this this past summer.

Attached Thumbnails
Metropolises of North America: Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Washington D.C.-chicago-dog-june-2016.jpg  

Last edited by UScityUrbanCores; 11-24-2016 at 09:38 PM..

Old 11-24-2016, 09:58 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,142,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
So are San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico
And Detroit and Windsor, Canada. Probably just because those places are right on the border
Detroit's CSA is not combined with Windsor despite the fact it acts as one region and directly across the river from downtown Detroit. It it were to be combined, it would be 5.7 million. In addition, Toledo which is closeby is not included as of now. If it was also combined the region would be 6.3 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City