Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 09:40 PM

106 posts, read 200,921 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know this is the Portland thread; however, I'm thinking of moving from Portland to Spokane, so I thought I'd ask about Spokane to those of you who moved to Portland from Spokane.

I'm thinking of buying a house in Spokane due to lower costs, no state income tax, less congestion and early retirement in five years. I'm thinking of buying the place now, but would rent it out or possibly take a job transfer to Spokane. My employer has positions there; but, I really want to get away from my agency in five years.

The one thing I really love about Portland is it's hiking trail system in-town. I'm out a lot of times before work and on my days off. What's the trail hiking like in Spokane proper? I know there's the state park along the river, Dishman Hills and the trail near the South Hill area. I love hiking! It's really became so much of my life. Will I like the outdoors in Spokane compared to Portland?

How does Spokane compare to Portland in lifestyle and things to do? Good neighborhoods, outgoing people, good music, grub, bookstores? What neighborhood in Spokane are similar to Portland neighborhoods? Any neighborhood recommendations in Spokane?

I like Portland; however, I really think the city is getting too congested, overpriced, and having some serious growing issues.

Your thoughts/comparisons are greatly appreciated. Thx.

MMM

Sent from my iPad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 1,752 times
Spokane is pretty on fleek but theres lots of radiation so you have a good chance of dying. thanks for asking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City