Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 09:45 PM

9 posts, read 17,363 times

Advertisements

Which city in Texas has the 2nd best nightlife after Austin, TX. Would it be Dallas or Houston and which city offers what kind of nightlife scene?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 10:33 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,275,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarino122 View Post
Which city in Texas has the 2nd best nightlife after Austin, TX. Would it be Dallas or Houston and which city offers what kind of nightlife scene?
Houston. It really depends on who you are to be honest. Only Miami and Vegas are standouts overall.

What makes Austin better than Houston?

Old 01-29-2018, 11:34 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,474,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
Houston. It really depends on who you are to be honest. Only Miami and Vegas are standouts overall.

What makes Austin better than Houston?
Add New Orleans and New York to that list

Old 01-29-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Add New Orleans and New York to that list
Maybe NY, not New Orleans.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:44 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,474,252 times
Quote:
Maybe NY, not New Orleans.
Where do you think New Orleans falls short?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Where do you think New Orleans falls short?
People travel from all over to party in Miami and Vegas, they are internationally recognized party cities with varied nightlife. New Orleans has specific party events with high traffic, like Mardi Gras, but on a typical weekend there is nothing special about it imo. That’s not to say it sucks or anything. People don’t go to Ny for “nightlife” either unless they are from a burb or somewhere close.

Miami and Vegas just stand out in this regard. They are universal.

That said, I’m waiting hear how Austin is clear-cut #1 from the OP?

People who like fratty bars and live music, may prefer Austin. But I like prominent hip hop clubs, so I’ll take Houston. It just depends on who you are with these cities.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:10 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,693 times
Quote:
People travel from all over to party in Miami and Vegas, they are internationally recognized party cities with varied nightlife. New Orleans has specific party events with high traffic, like Mardi Gras, but on a typical weekend there is nothing special about it imo. That’s not to say it sucks or anything. People don’t go to Ny for “nightlife” either unless they are from a burb or somewhere close.

Miami and Vegas just stand out in this regard. They are universal.

That said, I’m waiting hear how Austin is clear-cut #1 from the OP?

People who like fratty bars and live music, may prefer Austin. But I like prominent hip hop clubs, so I’ll take Houston. It just depends on who you are with these cities.
Thats actually an interesting point, I've never gone to NYC to party, or known anyone who does, except for people I know who now live in Jersey or LI. I don't think NYC (or Chicago) is a big party destination even if it has great nightlife, people visit for the other stuff.

People visit Vegas or Miami to party usually.

I think you are right about NOLA, when people go there to party, it is usually for an event. Actually, Austin is kinda the same in that regard, it has a really great nightlife scene between UT and the Techies, but it really shines for SXSW and Austin City Limits. On a random weekend though, I don't know if Austin really has better nightlife than Dallas or Houston. 6th is probability the rowdiest single street in the state (among the best in the country) but overall, Dallas and Houston have a wider range of options.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:19 AM

5,016 posts, read 3,911,008 times
I preferred Dallas over Houston from a nightlife perspective. Deep Ellum/Uptown were buzzier and more interesting than the Houston counterparts.

Only have spent a few week in Dallas, though.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,769,052 times
Houston has a better variety, IMO.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Thats actually an interesting point, I've never gone to NYC to party, or known anyone who does, except for people I know who now live in Jersey or LI. I don't think NYC (or Chicago) is a big party destination even if it has great nightlife, people visit for the other stuff.

People visit Vegas or Miami to party usually.

I think you are right about NOLA, when people go there to party, it is usually for an event. Actually, Austin is kinda the same in that regard, it has a really great nightlife scene between UT and the Techies, but it really shines for SXSW and Austin City Limits. On a random weekend though, I don't know if Austin really has better nightlife than Dallas or Houston. 6th is probability the rowdiest single street in the state (among the best in the country) but overall, Dallas and Houston have a wider range of options.

Yeah, I would love that rowdy scene as a college student, Morgantown Wv is is fun in that way as well... but now I prefer big celebrity hip hop parties. I’ll prefer being at one really nice hip hop club over being able to walk down a strip of “ok” bars and clubs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City