Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 09:59 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
Im not black, but that really f**king insulting. Forget what city you like more, there are a lot of blacks who do live in Dallas (among other places) that like it and that doesnt make them pets to anyone. My friends would beat his a$$ for saying something like that.

Im sure Atlanta is a better city for gay blacks. Not arguing that. Why put others who have different preferences down?

That’s a woman disguised as a man. She’s a real internet tough guy. You know the kind of man that trolls and talks mad crap and gloats to complete strangers to fill the void in her life, but in real life she would never step to a black person in Dallas with such vulgarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Btw Atlanta is referred to as the Black San Francisco to many people outside of GA!
It is?

Old 04-12-2018, 10:11 PM

25 posts, read 42,427 times
Not only is Dallas nore diverse, it has more Blacks too. Either way you slice it Dallas beats Atlanta in diversity.
HTXDTX, you mentioned that you live in affluent White neighborhoods so won't the outcome be the same if you live in those types of neighborhoods in Atlanta? Maybe you should move to the southern Dallas suburbs or Arlington or Mckinney where they have larger Black populations.
Would you be able to deal with the traffic in Atlanta?

Old 04-13-2018, 05:30 AM

29 posts, read 26,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalob View Post
Not only is Dallas nore diverse, it has more Blacks too. Either way you slice it Dallas beats Atlanta in diversity.
HTXDTX, you mentioned that you live in affluent White neighborhoods so won't the outcome be the same if you live in those types of neighborhoods in Atlanta? Maybe you should move to the southern Dallas suburbs or Arlington or Mckinney where they have larger Black populations.
I hope I can tolerate the traffic. Atlanta seems to be a bit more diverse in its affluent urban spaces. Dallas urban affluent spaces are not all white, but like 85% white.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:38 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,218,353 times
Quote:
Not true. There are far more blacks in the Atlanta metropolitan area overall than the DFW Area. Almost 1 million more. And there is a much stronger presence of black affluence in Atlanta than DFW overall, so no the outcome would not be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXDTX View Post
I hope I can tolerate the traffic. Atlanta seems to be a bit more diverse in its affluent urban spaces. Dallas urban affluent spaces are not all white, but like 85% white.
^^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's not putting down every gay Black person that would prefer to live in Dallas over Atlanta but he's more than capable of speaking for himself.
You're right, I was not putting down gay black people who prefer Dallas over ATL or any black person who prefer Dallas over Atlanta for that matter... If they do, that's fine, no skin off of my back, as I know plenty who do and have compelling reasons as to why they do - ATL is not the be-all and end-all for all black people in America, and I'm saying that as a former resident who used to live there and liked it. I have a friend who hated Atlanta and has been thriving in Dallas since she moved there. My nephew and his group of friends all relocated out there from Mississippi and Atlanta was not on their radar, even though they're young black men in their 20s who you'd think would've made a beeline for ATL after college. Hell, I've mulled a move there myself in the past, although a lot of the issues the OP bought up are issues that have given me pause and concern before about relocating to Dallas or Texas in general...Other posters can think what ever they wish about what I said about pet negros/tokens, so all I'll say about that is that a) Hit dogs holler, and b) armchair detectives/psychologists need to keep their day jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXDTX View Post

Atlanta is still popping and it's not slowing down. Can't wait to call it home, I pretty much made up my mind at this point. I need Atlanta and Atlanta needs me ... we both can benefit from each other. My life in Dallas has gotten so bland, colorless (no pun intended), and predictable and I had enough ...
It sounds like you have your mind made up, so I'll just say follow your heart and do what you feel is best is for you. Atlanta has its pros and its cons, particularly in the black gay scene. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, because I don't want to bog this thread down with unnecessary distractions.

Last edited by biscuit_head; 04-13-2018 at 07:05 AM..

Old 04-13-2018, 06:55 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
No it doesn't. Metro Atlanta has the second-largest Black population in the country after Greater NYC.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Dallas is more diverse but it doesnt have as many black residents.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:23 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Let's see.......The city of Ft.Worth has more people than the City of Atlanta...Dallas has about 500,000 more people than ft.Worth

How does Atlanta have more Blacks than Dallas

Now I know the Percentage of blacks in Atlanta is waaay larger than Dallas because of the large amount of blacks in a much smaller general population....can someone explain this to me?

And even if were talking metro areas....DFW now has over a million Blacks....which is double the population The entire city of Atlanta......and Atlanta is not 100% Black....

I know I keep saying The city of Atlanta and not metro Atlanta. But that's because the City of Atlanta is where everyone visits to experience this "BLACK MECCA"city.

.....Just curious...Please explain and correct me.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:56 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Let's see.......The city of Ft.Worth has more people than the City of Atlanta...Dallas has about 500,000 more people than ft.Worth

How does Atlanta have more Blacks than Dallas

Now I know the Percentage of blacks in Atlanta is waaay larger than Dallas because of the large amount of blacks in a much smaller general population....can someone explain this to me?

And even if were talking metro areas....DFW now has over a million Blacks....which is double the population The entire city of Atlanta......and Atlanta is not 100% Black....

I know I keep saying The city of Atlanta and not metro Atlanta. But that's because the City of Atlanta is where everyone visits to experience this "BLACK MECCA"city.

I don’t know where to begin to point out the flaws of your argument here. The fact that you think only the city of Atlanta is the only reason people move there. Or that you are comparing a city which has a smallish size city limits to any Texas city and then used the populations of those cities to justify these cities or a certain city having a larger black population than Atlanta. You also compared the entire DFW metro area to only the city of Atlanta. The DFW metro has more black people than every city not named New York City by that logic.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:23 PM

475 posts, read 684,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

Clear evidence of not understanding the geographical makeup of Metro Atlanta.

When Atlanta comes out to work and/or play, the residents of East Point, College Park, Decatur, Tucker, Stone Mountain, Chamblee (I could go on), are not stopped at the geographical border and prevented from entering.

Therefore, populations of places not technically "City of Atlanta" are extremely relevant for comparison purposes. Especially when you realize the highest concentration of African Americans are in DeKalb and South Fulton (non-COA) areas.

Based on how they map out in form and distance from center city, a significant number of the non-COA areas in Metro Atlanta would simply be considered neighborhoods by other cities' standards.

Typical:

Person A: Where do you live?
Person B: Atlanta
Person A: Oh yeah, what part?
Person B: Riverdale

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City