Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 10:19 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I've had several people say The Woodlands reminded them of Atlanta in a way.
Memorial Villages in Houston reminds me of Buckhead and Sandy Springs areas with the tall pine trees, mansions, windy roads, and buildings.

Humble looks a lot like Douglasville.

Conroe reminds me of Marietta.

Kingwood reminds me of Peachtree City.

All of these places in Greater Houston have y’all pine trees with some slightly rolling terrain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 11:51 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Memorial Villages in Houston reminds me of Buckhead and Sandy Springs areas with the tall pine trees, mansions, windy roads, and buildings.

All of these places in Greater Houston have y’all pine trees with some slightly rolling terrain.
I was thinking the Galleria area is Houstons version of Buckhead.

Old 02-21-2020, 12:13 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
I was referring to cattle and beef. I stand corrected if that's Fort Worth. I've been to Dallas, and I thought the city was known for the cattle as well.
Thats Fort Worth actually. Dallas was never really known for cattle. Its always been more of a finance city.

As far as these three go, Dallas reminds me more of Atlanta than Houston does. Dallas is like a Great Plains version of Atlanta and Atlanta is like a Southeastern version of Dallas. Though Fort Worth doesnt remind me of Atlanta at all.

Houston is a lot flatter than Dallas and especially Atlanta. Houston has that blue collar vibe that I dont find in Dallas or Atlanta at all. None of that is bad, just observations.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:02 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times
Quote:
I've had several people say The Woodlands reminded them of Atlanta in a way.
Maybe the trees but the vibe and the people are nowhere near similar to Atlanta. I live in TW and I know we’re supposed to be all positive in this thread but OH BOY! Living in the a Perimeter area for 2 years and moving back to Houston but in The Woodlands is a culture shock. Big adjustment!

Old 02-21-2020, 01:58 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post

Interesting. Marietta doesnt remind me of Conroe at all. Not even a little to be honest. It reminds me more of the Woodlands. Conroe reminds me more of Woodstock or places in Cherokee County.

I also dont know that I would consider anything in the immediate Houston area "rolling terrain". As you get close to Brenham and into Walker County, you get some of that, but not in Houston or the suburbs.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:07 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
I'm loving this new project in Houston, The Montrose Collective: https://www.radomcapital.com/montrosecollective

Old 02-21-2020, 02:17 PM

355 posts, read 469,259 times
Quote:
I'm loving this new project in Houston, The Montrose Collective: https://www.radomcapital.com/montrosecollective
Some of the other projects look a lot like what Dallas is doing! Very nice!

Old 02-21-2020, 04:05 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas12 View Post
Some of the other projects look a lot like what Dallas is doing! Very nice!

Is Streetlights Residential from Dallas or Houston? I can never remember...

Old 02-22-2020, 06:32 AM

638 posts, read 568,689 times
Quote:
Is Streetlights Residential from Dallas or Houston? I can never remember...
Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City