Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What City is better to you?
Scranton, Pennsylvania 38 34.86%
Santa Fé, New Mexico 71 65.14%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:25 PM

27 posts, read 40,425 times

Advertisements

Steve-O What makes you think that you know more than the locals,
for christ sake its not that freakin cold there .. i lived there last year!
(bradly i belive that about last year, i remember that time i couldnt get out of my drive way in eldorado there was like 3 feet of snow haha, i had to dig my way out )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 11:16 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktotheWest:) View Post
(bradly i belive that about last year, i remember that time i couldnt get out of my drive way in eldorado there was like 3 feet of snow haha, i had to dig my way out )
Yes omg! my antie lives in eldorado and they left for like a week to cali, and i stayed in there house for like a week and it was miserable..it snowed so much!! i was stuck haha

did you like the eldorado area?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 PM

27 posts, read 40,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Yes omg! my antie lives in eldorado and they left for like a week to cali, and i stayed in there house for like a week and it was miserable..it snowed so much!! i was stuck haha

did you like the eldorado area?
Yes i loved it, i lived there for 3 years and then i had to move to nevada.. and well i like it here but i really liked new mexico alot more..awhole lot more to do.. but i will return! thats forsure!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Yes i loved it, i lived there for 3 years and then i had to move to nevada.. and well i like it here but i really liked new mexico alot more..awhole lot more to do.. but i will return! thats forsure!
Sweet! you betta! i just recently purchased a home in the ventana ranch/ paradise hills area in ABQ and what can i say i love it haha i decided to move there since most of my family lives in paradise hills.
You should look into that area when you return!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:40 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
Saying Santa Fe is "butt-a$$ cold at night" makes it seem like the North Pole to somebody who's never been there -
Its dang cold at night, Ive been there in January, Ive experienced it first hand. Day temps arent that bad, but once that sun went down.... I think what made it worse was we came up from PHX, where the lows were in the low-to-mid 40s. We stepped out of the car at the hotel (on Cerillos Rd near the outlet mall) into a recored 18 degrees and WHOA! Seriously, its cold, I dont care what you say. And the wind was pretty steep, too.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
BacktotheWest, What makes YOU think that you know more than meteorologists who have been keeping weather records in Santa Fe for 50+ years? For Petes sake it IS cold there at night, no doubt about it. If you think temps in the low teens at night "isnt that cold", then will you say Chicago isnt cold in winter, too? Or what about Omaha? Buffalo?

Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
BacktotheWest, What makes YOU think that you know more than meteorologists who have been keeping weather records in Santa Fe for 50+ years? For Petes sake it IS cold there at night, no doubt about it. If you think temps in the low teens at night "isnt that cold", then will you say Chicago isnt cold in winter, too? Or what about Omaha? Buffalo?

Wow, your insane,.. haha at least he actually has lived here for like 3 years.. that means he knows just as much as you! he was here 3 winters,...hahah
What can you say.. have you lived here for a year or so?

Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Is anyone else as shocked as I am that Scranton managed to pull off a 60/40 split? I seriously thought Santa Fe would have wiped the floor with us! I suppose my big, fat yap and photo tours have changed people's minds about the 1990s runner-up for "Armpit of America."

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 08-05-2008 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Is anyone else as shocked as I am that Scranton managed to pull off a 60/40 split? I seriously thought Santa Fe would have wiped the floor with us! I suppose my big, fat yap and photo tours have changed people's minds about the 1990s runner-up for "Armpit of America."
Do you think someday you might step foot west of the Mississippi River for the first time and find out what this half of the country is like? Or even more exotic, west of the 100th parallel? Or does the limit of your world extend no further than the boundary of Lackawanna county? I've been to the east coast before. I've seen your photo tours. Some pretty pictures, some nice little towns, I'll give you that. But I've also seen Santa Fe and there's no comparison. Give me green chile or give me death!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Actually i thought scranton would win..
hahah dang, seriously, i was proven wrong!

congratulations on beating omaha..
but hey we got you on this one man..

But honestly, just like vegaspilgrim said.. you cant compare with SANTA FE baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City